AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Mike Pickett (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48003)

James Tanner - Bryston 04-29-2020 12:45 PM

Mike Pickett

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Mike Pickett – Service Above & Beyond

May 2020

Folks I received this email from a customer of ours regarding Mike Pickett.

Given what we are all going through currently I am extremely proud of the fact that Bryston has these kind of dedicated individuals working with us.

James,

Seriously. Give Mike Pickett a raise. He does so much to represent your company to the enthusiasts, and answers emails so eloquently, he needs to be rewarded for going above and beyond the norm in the industry. He is a great "face" to your company.

In the past two weeks he has answered a flurry of my emails over several topics. He has walked me through a minor revision to my BP-25 so that I could use the BCD-1 remote on it. You had directed another forum member to him in public for this in the past, so I followed that path, and was rewarded.

He also validated and gave some suggestions to how I might investigate (and repair) my BP-25 that seems in prior life with prior owners to have had very stiff XLR cables or an element of abuse that caused several of the solder points from XLR sockets to "come loose". I'm very, very much aware that most companies would NOT give advice to a owner in this situation, but over the years, I have worked with Mike on other minor repairs for out of warranty equipment damaged in shipping or purchased used, and coming to me with problems.

In addition he has recently guided me with great detail and explanation on the subtle differences in Power Supply options for my BP-25 and cabling etc. It has been wonderful getting prompt and accurate responses and explanations. I appreciate the explanations very much, as my personality is one that wants to know why, not just how.

I told him I'd tell you to give him a raise, his response was more or less that he can't wait to get back to seeing his co-workers in person. Speaks to a good place to work.

Thank you again for all you do for us.

I always feel bad that I'm not a consumer of brand new equipment, but tend to fish in the used end... but I remind myself that people like me drive the high residual value that makes owning Bryston so attractive too.

Alex Lipowich.

Formerly YB-2 04-29-2020 04:04 PM

Absolutely. Have never had better service than that provided by Mike Pickett (& Dennis Hawkins) both in VT & Canada. Please give Mike my best.

-E- 04-29-2020 06:12 PM

Don't short change yourself, either, James! Between you, Mike, and Gary, it seems that any e-mail is answered within minutes!

Masterlu 04-29-2020 07:00 PM

Exemplary service, and a pleasure to represent. :thumbsup:

daveneumann 04-30-2020 06:57 AM

Agreed about Mike! Being a digital alien, I had many questions about the set up of my first stand alone DAC, the Bryston BDA 3.14. Mike answered them almost immediately with a return email and went beyond by giving me some resources for updating the firmware in the BDA 3.14. He was patient with my newbie questions, a bit humorous, and made me feel like I was his only customer.

This is my first piece of Bryston gear. But with service (and performance) like this, it won't be my last for sure. Bravo Mike and the entire Bryston team!

Audiophilehi 04-30-2020 09:13 AM

Way to go Mike and Bryston! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's nice to feel safe and secure with customer service once you purchase a product.

clpetersen 04-30-2020 11:01 AM

Fully concur with above - had (very recent) fast and informative replies from both Mike and James regarding my questions on the BP-26 and MPS-2

Grazie!

Musicmansweden 04-30-2020 12:38 PM

I can only agree - being a proud owner of Bryston 7 B3 was also because the fast response of my questions before my purchase. Top notch customer focus all the way!

Musicmansweden 04-30-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicmansweden (Post 1003493)
I can only agree - being a proud owner of Bryston 7 B3 was also because the fast response of my questions before my purchase. Top notch customer focus all the way!

Sorry - I own the 4B3; not the 7B3 :)