AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Wilson Audio Specialties XVX purchased (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46951)

Charles 10-31-2019 01:42 AM

Wilson Audio Specialties XVX purchased

Just to let everyone know, I have purchased an XVX. The check has not yet been passed but I have worked with this dealer so many times I feel it to be a 99% certainty. The money is in a MM fund.

I fell in love with the xvx almost the moment I first saw it. If it would fit in my room, I knew it was the final speaker for me, the end of a long career in audio. I won't ever be looking for a new speaker again. That's one of the reasons I am going to buy it. It's truly a penultimate speaker. I am a Mac and AQ aficionado. I will never change from Mac and my Wel Signature cables and IC's are timeless and ageless.

So in a perverse sort of way, I am actually saving money because I will never and I mean never consider another speaker again. I'm not going to be in a position to wait for the Alexx upgrade or the XLF replacement except with curiosity as to what they might be. No way would I remotely consider trading down from my xvx to one of them.

This new Wilson speaker is revolutionary. It is half the price of the WAMM and very close to its equal because its drivers are more advanced. The build quality I believe to be similar. It is quite incredible that Wilson could produce a speaker comparable to the WAMM at half the price. The color will be piano black with black trim.

I will post extensive pics. It will be probably 6 weeks before the installation but the deal has been struck.:banana:

Levitator 10-31-2019 05:02 AM

Congrats Charles! It does sound like an amazing speaker and I’m sure we all look forward to the photos...

John49 10-31-2019 06:30 AM

I think you meant to say the XVX was the ultimate speaker... Enjoy!

SCAudiophile 10-31-2019 07:01 AM

Congratulations Charles...looking forward to pictures in a few weeks and a post install report!

Audio 1 10-31-2019 07:10 AM

Congratulations Charles!!
This is very awesome and after seeing them in person at RMAF I agree that they are one of the most amazing looking speakers I have ever seen. I can only imagine how amazing they will sound in your home!

Still-One 10-31-2019 09:00 AM

Congratulations Charles. I am looking forward to hearing them for the first time next week.

joey_v 10-31-2019 10:35 AM

Wow!!

Congrats Charles!!

JoeN 10-31-2019 12:06 PM

Congrats. Looking forward to your review - if you can pull yourself away from them long enough to write it. :thumbsup:

jzzmusician 10-31-2019 12:13 PM

This is insanely cool. Congrats!

Charles 10-31-2019 01:50 PM

Thanks all!! The dealer still has to come out and measure. I have made careful measurements and truly believe the xvx will fit and operate properly. I want to turn this stress over to the dealer and Wilson. I truly hope and believe it will sound great in my room. Yes, I meant ultimate not penultimate. I'm a little numb from all this. I would like to get the check passed and order placed asap. This dealer is very reliable and I know them well. The dealer will get it in, I'm confident. Both of us wanted this. The dealer wanted to sell me one as bad as I wanted one. When that happens usually there's a deal. I don't see it collapsing at this point but you never know.