AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Photography (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Mirrorless camera thoughts ....... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43629)

Mikado463 08-23-2018 04:45 PM

Mirrorless camera thoughts .......

this one is to the 'camera experts' out there, Stephen, you listening ..........

I'm contemplating a mirrorless camera purchase and being a Canon guy all my life I'm thinking about the EOS M50. Canon gear is just naturally intuitive to me thus my logic in thinking this way.

good ...... bad ?

Weirdcuba 08-23-2018 05:40 PM

I was a lifelong canon guy and switched to Fuji for mirrorless. Sold my several canon bodies and all the lenses and never looked back. YMMV, of course, but I am just stunned at the Fuji lenses and love the old school (ish) bodies.

Mikado463 08-23-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 928286)
I was a lifelong canon guy and switched to Fuji for mirrorless. Sold my several canon bodies and all the lenses and never looked back. YMMV, of course, but I am just stunned at the Fuji lenses and love the old school (ish) bodies.

Food for thought .........

robfine 08-23-2018 09:42 PM

I was also a Canon guy for a long long time. After a torn rotator cuff resulting in 3 little X’s tattooed on my shoulder and a year later a C5-6-7 fusion, I needed something lighter too hang around my neck. Back then there were not many choices in mirrorless. I got me a Fujifilm X-Pro1 and my oh my oh my! Never looked back. I’ve now got the X-Pro1, an XM-1 and X-T2 and a shelf-full of spectacular glass. You may have a thing for Canon, but do yourself a favor and give the Fujifilm an unbiased look. You just might surprise yourself!

usbyte 08-24-2018 10:13 AM

I was also a canon guy with full stack of L lenses and slr. I sold all and switched to Fuji. Very lightweight and high quality pics. The Fuji xt2 can be had now at great prices. The new Fuji xt3 is rumored to be out in September

Still-One 08-24-2018 10:15 AM

I might take a look at the new Nikon Z-7. DPReview had the flooding initial thoughts.

"We see the Z 7 as not only a 'D850 without a mirror', but also (perhaps more) 'a D850 with a more consistent stills/video experience and greatly improved video AF.' And straight out of the gate, that makes it a pretty well-rounded do-everything camera."

mcpaf76 08-24-2018 10:49 AM

At least look at the sony stuff. Switched from Nikon DSLRs and I prefer it.

edkoz 08-24-2018 11:09 AM

Reminds me of my college days when my English professor ask what hobbies I had. Made the mistake of saying photography. He gave me an assignment to write a 5000 word essay on the effects of mirror bounce in a single lens reflex camera. This was the same professor who held his classes at an off campus bar!
Ed
He was let go mid term!:thumbsup:

Still-One 08-24-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpaf76 (Post 928358)
At least look at the sony stuff. Switched from Nikon DSLRs and I prefer it.

I have gone back and forth between the over the years. I started with Canon then moved to Nikon. I then went back to Canon and returned to Nikon.

Actually I have grown tired of lugging a camera and lenses when I travel overseas. I want simple now.

usbyte 08-24-2018 12:35 PM

In terms of features Sony is number 1. The A7 mk3