AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Headphones, Personal Listening Gear (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Which Extension Cable? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39863)

Formerly YB-2 07-06-2017 01:44 PM

Which Extension Cable?

Have decided on the Sennheiser HD650 as the best compromise between cost, comfort & sonics. However, I need a 20' extension cable to be able to listen from my preferred position. Not interested in some more expensive than the HD650. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

vintage_tube 07-06-2017 04:07 PM

Just purchase a pair of HD800S' and had my dealer order me a Cardas Clear 4M -- but it's too short and has to go back - will replace it with a 6M.

The Cardas Clear is highly recommended for Sennheiser cans, not just by me, but it garners appreciation by a wide audience of audiophiles -- it's an awesome cable IMO. One & done as they say.

Best sir,

Bob

Mikado463 07-06-2017 04:16 PM

why not the Focals Glenn ?

Formerly YB-2 07-06-2017 05:15 PM

Dave - Not sure how much I'll listen to headphones, so not going to spend $1K to find out. If I find I like them I can always move 'up the food-chain' to Focals or Audeze or HiFiman. The HD650 gets excellent reviews, so seems like a good place to start.

BTW - contacted WW and they will make up a headphone cable in most any configuration I request. Have ask Ivan for a quote. Have been most pleased with my WW ICs.

Mikado463 07-06-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 854684)
Dave - Not sure how much I'll listen to headphones, so not going to spend $1K to find out. If I find I like them I can always move 'up the food-chain' to Focals or Audeze or HiFiman. The HD650 gets excellent reviews, so seems like a good place to start.

gotcha ........ I'm kinda in the same boat right now, thinking about sticking my toe in the water as well. I see the HD650 on Amazon for $315

Quote:

BTW - contacted WW and they will make up a headphone cable in most any configuration I request. Have ask Ivan for a quote. Have been most pleased with my WW ICs.
good to know ......

Formerly YB-2 07-06-2017 06:03 PM

Yep........... that's where I looked, as well. Just did the 1-click purchase.

With the 20ft extension I can run it across the ceiling and drop it down just above the stool at my loading bench. I've got a plan. :yes:

vegaracer1 07-06-2017 06:35 PM

Grado 15 foot ext. Is available on Amazon for 30.00. It might be a good start. I have the Grado adapter and it's good .

Mikado463 07-06-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 854690)
With the 20ft extension I can run it across the ceiling and drop it down just above the stool at my loading bench. I've got a plan. :yes:

That's too funny Glenn, for my thinking is along the same line ! .... LOL !!

Formerly YB-2 07-07-2017 06:51 AM

Dave - yep. Another reason to go with an open-back headphone. Will also be able to hear the wife trying to get my attention, etc. I tend to be focused (a good thing) when loading and closed back cans would isolate me too much.

Formerly YB-2 07-07-2017 07:32 PM

Ended up purchasing a WW Nano-Eclipse 20ft cable at a very good price. Was going to go for the Pulse, but figured the Nano-Eclipse was such a good price I made the stretch. Now need to find a couple of soft springs to connect to the ceiling to keep any extra at the listening end from becoming a possible trip-hazard.