AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Personal Introductions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Welcome Everyone! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=58)

RLF 06-02-2019 06:02 AM

Welcome Boyblaster. :music:

Moedali693 06-05-2019 02:09 AM

Greetings from Germany

Hello everyone!

Greetings from the Ramstein/Kaiserslautern military community. I just retired and I am trying to slowly work my way back into a decent system. I first had a klipsch system with old adcom amps when I was 19. Then I later moved on between infinity, cerwin vega, pioneer elite etc. My first entrance into anything high end came in 2001 at the age of 22 when I purchased some 600 series B&W floor standers with an integra integrated amp, kimber copper cables sold off the spool, and a Panasonic dvd a310. I can't even remember the exact model of speakers
but I damn sure remember that dvd player! That dvd player was the best cd player ever for 350 bucks! I wish I had one now! From then on Hirsch und Ille in Mannheim necame my go to place. I wanted an upgrade in 2004 and returned to Hirsch and Ille. I ended up with B&W 705's a full musical fidelity X series kit and kimber cable everything. Ended up being a nice little system after being broken in. So after I sold that system things got a bit murky, and today I have some beats head phones and musiv on my cell phone from youtube! I know! Bring on the tar and feathers!
So I was bored one day and decided to window shop a system on a private seller auction sight, and then realized I needed to hear music for the first time again. I wondered if there was a forum around for it and stumbled onto here. I've been snooping around as a none memberhere for weeks just to see what kind of people are here. Forums can be very helpful and fun, or very destructive and miserable depending on what type of people you are dealing with. So everything seems good here, and here I am. To you Canton lovers out there: I remember in a box store here in germany called Media Markt had a whole line of Canton speakers. Unfortunately I had never given them a shot, but now I will seing that canton is a very common brand here. I don't even remember them being sold in high end stores here. I only saw them in the box stores. Now I am on a search for them to see what all the noise is about. Please forgive any spelling, grammar etc. I am too lazy to proof this right now

Roni 06-06-2019 11:25 PM

Hello Moedali693 and Welcome.
You can’t go wrong with Canton speakers specially Vento or even better Reference and you’re in the right place!

Moedali693 06-08-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roni (Post 967703)
You can’t go wrong with Canton speakers specially Vento or even better Reference and you’re in the right place!

Thank you Ron! And as a side note I had audio quest interconnects and speaker cables with the 705's not kimber. I believe one of the interconnects models was named Diamond Back. And yes I just saw some Cantons for sale at a store, but I am intrigued by the Heco concerto model too. Lots of speaker at a great price. I need to ask the moderator about the market place before I subscibe here. I want to know if people here are willing to ship to a Army Post Office address. Thanks again for the greetings!

Moedali693 06-08-2019 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roni (Post 967703)

One thing I did find out about myself is I am not a huge fan of B&W speakers. Except for the following model: 805 Nautilus Signature! Absolute gem for a small room! I lust after those transducers! And the fit and finish was, to me, top notch. I want a pair in either finish. Thise speakers set the bar for me. The diamond 805 can't live up to it IMHO!

AVphile 06-22-2019 03:23 PM

Hello from Las Vegas

I was delighted to have stumbled across this forum while doing a Google search. What a wonderful find!

I've been a fledging audiophile for more than 50 years and confess that I like listening to equipment almost as much as to the music it is reproducing. I have two systems, one of which is composed of some of my old favorites (such as an Audio Research SP-9B preamplifier, a SAE Mark IV-DM power amplifier and Thorens TD-125 Mkii turntable) and the other of which has an number of fairly decent and somewhat newer components (such as a Theta Casablanca IV preamplifier, Lumin T2 music streamer, Wadia 8 transport, Oppo 203 player, Krell FPB 200c and 250mc power amplifiers, Roon Nucleus+, Shunyata Denali power conditioners, and Revel Studio loudspeakers). Cabling of the older system is mainly from Monster Cable, and of the new one is primarily a mix of Shunyata for power and Transparent for signal.

I enjoy attending the big audio shows -- Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in the fall and AXPONA in the spring. At those I can at least listen to what I would like to own but cannot afford. Nonetheless, I cannot say that I am displeased sonically to what I have assembled. I upgrade from time to time, or expand my system (such as my recent purchases of the Lumin and Roon products) when I have accumulated sufficient funds to do so.

Antonmb 06-22-2019 07:23 PM

Welcome Everyone!

Welcome Jonathan, nice to have you with us. There are a few of us here who will be at RMAF this fall, maybe we’ll see you there.

And are you a Dylan Thomas fan?

“Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.”

Masterlu 06-22-2019 09:31 PM

Jonathan... Welcome to AA! :wave:

Supermerio 06-22-2019 09:58 PM

Hello guys!

Being a long time lurker to this forum, i finally had the guts to register and be a part
Of the family.
I am elmer from manila philippines, i may not contribute much or join any discussion
Frequently, rest assured that every audio decision past or future - aa has been, and will
Always be my go to forum to be able to make a wise decision.
Fyi, incoming sasha 2 speakers after a long comparison vs the yvette. As usual, aa
Made it a lot easier to make the final decision.

Elmer

Masterlu 06-22-2019 11:06 PM

Elmer... Welcome to AA! :wave: