AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ballistic missile threat alert in Hawaii was a mistake (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41851)

PHC1 01-15-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 892901)
At least this makes us think what to do and where to go.

Ron

And? What does one do and where does one go?

Cohibaman 01-15-2018 12:49 PM

I’d play 1812 and hit that whiskey too!

62caddy 01-15-2018 12:49 PM

+1.

http://media.giphy.com/media/jqHBhqAN0sPWE/giphy.gif

Poppyhome 01-15-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp 1080 (Post 892919)
Did we read the same post? I believe that he was waiting for his fiancee to arrive. There was NO family there. In case you were not aware, each person reacts differently to an emergency. I should know as I got to see their panicked faces for 29 years after dialing 911. Why are you being so critical because he did not do what YOU would have done? There were reports of people cowering behind their couches.

My comment was based on the quote “I was about to start pouring drinks and go out in style,” Versola said “What are we going to do in this situation? We really can’t do anything but just try and make the best of it.”

I'm not being critical, I just called him ignorant as he values his $500 bottle of Whisky more than his future..............

Ron

Poppyhome 01-15-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 892921)
And? What does one do and where does one go?

Serge.........you saw my answer.

Ron

62caddy 01-15-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 892930)

... I just called him ignorant as he values his $500 bottle of Whisky more than his future..............

Some might see it that way while others may not. .

In any case, I don't know if it necessarily qualifies him as "ignorant" as we're not in the position to know what he knew...or didn't know... based upon his actions alone.

PHC1 01-15-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 892930)
My comment was based on the quote “I was about to start pouring drinks and go out in style,” Versola said “What are we going to do in this situation? We really can’t do anything but just try and make the best of it.”

I'm not being critical, I just called him ignorant as he values his $500 bottle of Whisky more than his future..............

Ron

Ron, what future would there be with a 12-13 min (best case scenario) window of time to seek shelter, if there is one around that is and assuming one can actually get there at the time of major panic. A small island and a direct hit would pretty much guarantee no future for the majority of the population. Not for those in the blast zone, not for those outside of it with heavy nuclear fallout for the next two weeks... The only chance for survival is for those deep underground with food and water to survive that period of time. Most people are realistic enough to know that those last 12 minutes are better spent reflecting on the good life you had and embracing your loved ones. Grim reality.

Poppyhome 01-15-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 892940)
Ron, what future would there be with a 12-13 min (best case scenario) window of time to seek shelter, if there is one around that is and assuming one can actually get there at the time of major panic. A small island and a direct hit would pretty much guarantee no future for the majority of the population. Not for those in the blast zone, not for those outside of it with heavy nuclear fallout for the next two weeks... The only chance for survival is for those deep underground with food and water to survive that period of time. Most people are realistic enough to know that those last 12 minutes are better spent reflecting on the good life you had and embracing your loved ones. Grim reality.

Sorry, I do not mean survival, I mean FUTURE.............and that's why I would Pray!

Ron

PHC1 01-15-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 892949)
Sorry, I do not mean survival, I mean FUTURE.............and that's why I would Pray!

Ron

Oh, Ok I understand.

Poppyhome 01-15-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 892950)
Oh, Ok I understand.

:thumbsup:

Ron