AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   SilenZio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   The Silenzio from Audio by E (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=29587)

jdandy 04-03-2015 09:48 PM

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQlXNH36mI[/ame]

scirica 04-03-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 689246)
And another happy customer! :thumbsup:

I am honored to be among those that can call themselves "happy customers of Emile". :thumbsup:

-E- 04-04-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrisandalex1 (Post 689242)
I thought I would take a moment and share my experience with Emile, Audio by E and the Silenzio Media Server. As many of you know, Emile flew down to Cabo last week to help me set up my new system and dial everything in. It is my pleasure to share what an extraordinary experience this was. Emile was a complete gentleman in every sense of the word, and as much as he was a pleasure to have in our home he was even more incredible in the service he provided to my home. I cannot say enough good things about how he approached the process from beginning to end. I am very grateful that he went above and beyond the call to make sure that I was proficient with every part of not only the Silenzio and NAS, but also the rest of my equipment and how they all work together.

Emile has also spent considerable time since he went home making sure that everything is working just right and eliminating all the little bugs and surprises that have come up.

As much as all of the service end is perfect, I am very happy to say that the Silenzio is the coolest thing since sliced bread. I can't imagine going back ever again. It works flawlessly and sounds incredible.

Thank you sooooooo much Emile. I really appreciate everything.

Chris,

It was a pleasure to be the guest of you and Alex. The hospitality you and your wife deliver is unparalleled. It was an honor getting your system dialed in, and watching you take it to beyond 11 on several occasions!

Plasmatico 04-19-2015 04:40 PM

Hi all

I'm new to computer audio and came across the Silenzio almost by accident. Besides the fantastic customer service, what is the advantage of buying a Silenzio vs a microZuma from SGC? Looking at the specs I kind of like the LPS in the Zuma, is that an option in the Silenzio? Has any body compare the SQ between the two? In terms of DACs I'm not sure yet but I like what I'm reading about the Berkeley DACs.

I'm glad I found this thread and hope you can all point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Chrisandalex1 04-19-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plasmatico (Post 693568)
Hi all

I'm new to computer audio and came across the Silenzio almost by accident. Besides the fantastic customer service, what is the advantage of buying a Silenzio vs a microZuma from SGC? Looking at the specs I kind of like the LPS in the Zuma, is that an option in the Silenzio? Has any body compare the SQ between the two? In terms of DACs I'm not sure yet but I like what I'm ready from Berkely.

I'm glad I found this thread and hope you can all point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

I am sure E will chime in soon, but in the meantime I will tell you that the SilenZio is my first experience with the computer/digital media world, and it is very cool. I am still learning new stuff everyday.

Emile is awesome. Just go for it.

Masterlu 04-19-2015 07:37 PM

Plasmatico... Welcome to AA! :wave:

scirica 05-01-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Hi all

I'm new to computer audio and came across the Silenzio almost by accident. Besides the fantastic customer service, what is the advantage of buying a Silenzio vs a microZuma from SGC? Looking at the specs I kind of like the LPS in the Zuma, is that an option in the Silenzio? Has any body compare the SQ between the two? In terms of DACs I'm not sure yet but I like what I'm reading about the Berkeley DACs.

Thanks in advance!

I see you went with the Lumin from another thread. Please let us know what you think!

-E- 05-01-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Hi all

Thanks in advance!

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner - somehow it fell below my radar.

Just a FYI the LPS is not "in" Zuma. It is another box that plugs in via 2-prong cable made by HDPlex. Any Pico or HDPlex internal DC-based PSU can accept the external input, and any Silenzio still using Pico.

The most current iteration of Silenzio has the updated fully-built-in SMPS PSU to eliminate any additional external component (whether a brick/wall wart or LPS). This was done quite intentionally to maximize SQ and improve QC, plus giving the client a simple, universal IEC plug-in.

scirica 05-01-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -E- (Post 696658)
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner - somehow it fell below my radar.

Just a FYI the LPS is not "in" Zuma. It is another box that plugs in via 2-prong cable made by HDPlex. Any Pico or HDPlex internal DC-based PSU can accept the external input, and any Silenzio still using Pico.

The most current iteration of Silenzio has the updated fully-built-in SMPS PSU to eliminate any additional external component (whether a brick/wall wart or LPS). This was done quite intentionally to maximize SQ and improve QC, plus giving the client a simple, universal IEC plug-in.

Emile recently updated my Silenzio v2.5 with the internal SMPS PSU. I believe the Silenzio is an even better product with this configuration, and it also allows for an upgraded power cord such as the WireWorld Silver Electra 7 (in my case) to be used. I couldn't be happier with my decision to go with Silenzio.

Tremayne 05-02-2015 03:35 AM

I can confirm that the support from Emile is superb. Emile phoned me 10 days ago to give me my first Silenzio training session, since then I've added around 150 CDs.
He remotely set up the NAS and UPS, and always answers my emails promptly and in great detail, I cannot praise him highly enough.
I've learnt a great deal over the past 10 days, but I've so much more to learn, and I'm confident that Emile will be there to guide me.