AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Integrated (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Pass Labs INT-250 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=35474)

aardvarkbark 04-13-2016 10:36 PM

Pass Labs INT-250

Highly complimentary review in May/Jun issue of TAS.

Sez Neil Gader: "...overall I simply don’t know of a better integrated amplifier in the world today."

So, I suppose things could change tomorrow, but until then.....that's some kinda high praise.

At 100+ lbs, it's a beast. But apparently it's a great sounding one.

Formerly YB-2 04-14-2016 07:13 AM

Certainly looks good. But, I would probably just hurt myself.

mpedris 02-07-2017 04:49 AM

Pass Labs INT-250

Have there been any other reviews of the INT-250?

aardvarkbark 02-07-2017 02:08 PM

I'm not aware of any other reviews, but I bought one in Sept and am very pleased with it playing mostly classical and acoustic jazz from an Esoteric K-03-X through B&W 803 D2s. Good definition across a broad acoustic spectrum. It delivers the 'center loge seating at my favorite concert hall' audible experience that I enjoy.

It displaces an Ayre AX5Twenty that I bought based on hype and not an audition. Granted, the PASS delivers 250 into 8ohms whereas the Ayre delivers only 125, but I'd argue the sonics are superior in ways more than simply the expression of low frequencies that the Ayre couldn't deliver.

Beyond technical performance of the unit, PASS customer service is light years beyond Ayre's. Call PASS and they're eager to ensure your satisfaction. Call Ayre and they're eager to have you call your AD and not bother them.

mpedris 02-07-2017 02:25 PM

Pass Labs INT-250

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardvarkbark (Post 831016)
I'm not aware of any other reviews, but I bought one in Sept and am very pleased with it playing mostly classical and acoustic jazz from an Esoteric K-03-X through B&W 803 D2s. Good definition across a broad acoustic spectrum. It delivers the 'center loge seating at my favorite concert hall' audible experience that I enjoy.

It displaces an Ayre AX5Twenty that I bought based on hype and not an audition. Granted, the PASS delivers 250 into 8ohms whereas the Ayre delivers only 125, but I'd argue the sonics are superior in ways more than simply the expression of low frequencies that the Ayre couldn't deliver.

Beyond technical performance of the unit, PASS customer service is light years beyond Ayre's. Call PASS and they're eager to ensure your satisfaction. Call Ayre and they're eager to have you call your AD and not bother them.

Thanks!

I am thinking of buying the INT-250 in a few months. Yes, I've heard ONLY good things about PASS customer service. I emailed Kent English a couple of years ago and his dedication to ensure customer satisfaction was plain to see.

What speakers are the PASS driving?

aardvarkbark 02-07-2017 09:29 PM

B&W 803 D2s. The diamond tweeters can be a bit bright, but the PASS tames them nicely. Detail without brittleness.

Two months should be plenty of time for you to be hitting the gym and doing plenty of chest presses. She's a 100 pounds of sonic goodness, you know.

mpedris 02-07-2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aardvarkbark (Post 831079)
B&W 803 D2s. The diamond tweeters can be a bit bright, but the PASS tames them nicely. Detail without brittleness.

Two months should be plenty of time for you to be hitting the gym and doing plenty of chest presses. She's a 100 pounds of sonic goodness, you know.

LOL!!!

Yeah, gonna have to start the gym before anything else. [emoji1]

myjazz123 02-09-2017 01:57 PM

I also have pass int-250 driven by esoteric k-05x. Having many different integrated before I think it's one of the best integrated on the market. Plus pass customer servise is outstanding.

mpedris 03-10-2017 03:45 AM

Pass Labs INT-250

I wonder how the Pass INT-250 compares with the Gryphon Diablo 300. The Diablo has glowing reviews, but I haven't seen any comparisons online.

One of comments after the INT-250 TAS review says, "Mr. Neil...your last sentence clearly points that you have not had the chance to hear The Gryphon Diablo 300..."

http://www.gryphon-audio.dk/products...iablo-300.aspx

Formerly YB-2 03-10-2017 04:27 PM

Well.......... while the INT-250 ain't the most beautiful integrated in its class, it is far better looking then the truly weird Diablo 300. Beauty being in the 'eye of the beholder........' and all that, the INT-250 is decent, but not great. The Diablo 300 is simply bizzare. Would need to listen with my eyes closed. ;)