AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Accuphase (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Replica Accuphase E600 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46829)

Rick721 10-12-2019 01:42 PM

Replica Accuphase E600

:scratch2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gef3RfeqeU

bart 10-12-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick721 (Post 982261)

:no:

Rick721 10-12-2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart (Post 982288)
:no:

:sigh:

Msegal 10-12-2019 11:18 PM

What a POS!

Even if it is the best sounding amplifier in the world just the act of pretending to be an Accuphase negates this to the trash heap.

This devalues ALL quality high-end products by calling question into their origin.

Sorry but this really steams my clams.

Mike S.

Formerly YB-2 10-13-2019 07:36 AM

Indeed. With all the intellectual theft and other counterfeiting problems with China, it is beyond me why anyone would purchase anything made there. One of the many reasons to avoid 'big-box' shopping as well as products like PrimaLuna, etc.

W9TR 10-13-2019 08:12 AM

Replica Accuphase E600

Counterfeiting is a real issue that we as consumers can help stop by ratting out the counterfeiters-and of course not buying their garbage. If you are a manufacturer the Chinese government and the party will help you find and shut down counterfeiters. I’ve seen it many times. All the gear is hauled out of the factory and burned in the parking lot on the spot while the factory leaders are arrested and the factory physically shuttered. No trial needed.

There are some legit Chi-fi companies that are also getting hurt by this apart from the obvious harm to Accuphase.

Because of the Nanging massacre in 1937, the Chinese really hate the Japanese, so maybe nothing will happen in this case.

jdandy 10-13-2019 11:33 AM

Calling this crap replica Accuphase is a blatant attempt to mask the simple fact this is a counterfeit operation. I would not take one of these bogus product as a gift, much less give my money to them. I'm with Tom on this. That sh!t should be burned in the parking lot, the building bulldozed to the ground, and the unscrupulous proprietors languishing in a 6' x 10' cell for a few years of rehabilitation.

robfine 10-13-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 (Post 982348)
Indeed. With all the intellectual theft and other counterfeiting problems with China, it is beyond me why anyone would purchase anything made there. One of the many reasons to avoid 'big-box' shopping as well as products like PrimaLuna, etc.

I don’t get the association with PrimaLuna. I, along with a number of people on AA have PrimaLuna equipment. Dan wrote a very impressive review of one of PrimaLuna’s mid-level pieces of equipment. I am very pleased with the quality of my PrimaLuna integrated amp and I know others on AA who are as well. I do share your concerns about intellectual property theft and counterfeiting and all sorts of bad acts happening and coming out of China but that’s no reason to bash a brand that is made in China but doing things the way most of us would hope everyone in China would do things.

bart 10-13-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robfine (Post 982374)
I don’t get the association with PrimaLuna. I, along with a number of people on AA have PrimaLuna equipment. Dan wrote a very impressive review of one of PrimaLuna’s mid-level pieces of equipment. I am very pleased with the quality of my PrimaLuna integrated amp and I know others on AA who are as well. I do share your concerns about intellectual property theft and counterfeiting and all sorts of bad acts happening and coming out of China but that’s no reason to bash a brand that is made in China but doing things the way most of us would hope everyone in China would do things.

+1.

My iPhone and MacBook are also produced in China, but in a good way. No counterfeit whatsoever.

audioguy3107 10-13-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 982367)
Calling this crap replica Accuphase is a blatant attempt to mask the simple fact this is a counterfeit operation. I would not take one of these bogus product as a gift, much less give my money to them. I'm with Tom on this. That sh!t should be burned in the parking lot, the building bulldozed to the ground, and the unscrupulous proprietors languishing in a 6' x 10' cell for a few years of rehabilitation.

Holy crap, tell us how you really feel Dan! :D

- Buck