AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Another step in the journey (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42516)

Vintage Pete 03-20-2018 09:34 PM

Another step in the journey

I've been gradually upgrading my main system to Silver Eclipse level. Just over a week ago, the next installment arrived. As expected, the results are impressive. The sound is airier, more finely detailed, and more three-dimensional. Not to even mention, these cables are really nice! The fit and finish are superb.

I do believe, as has been said here already, that these are truly the "sweet spot" in the Wireworld line. Thank you Ivan for the excellent pricing-Ivan is definitely the "go-to" guy for WW cables. :yes:

jdandy 03-20-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 907135)
I've been gradually upgrading my main system to Silver Eclipse level. Just over a week ago, the next installment arrived. As expected, the results are impressive. The sound is airier, more finely detailed, and more three-dimensional. Not to even mention, these cables are really nice! The fit and finish are superb.

I do believe, as has been said here already, that these are truly the "sweet spot" in the Wireworld line. Thank you Ivan for the excellent pricing-Ivan is definitely the "go-to" guy for WW cables. :yes:

Pete.......I agree with your sentiments. The Wireworld Silver Eclipse is definitely the price to performance sweet spot in their cable lineup. Your main system has certainly seen some major performance enhancements take place over the past two years or so. It has always been good. I am positive it is now better than it has ever been. Congratulations on "Movin' On Up".

PHC1 03-21-2018 12:54 AM

Also very happy with Silver Eclipse 7 series ICs. :music:

Yamaki 03-22-2018 05:11 PM

Nice upgrade, Pete!

Congratulations.

80B 03-22-2018 06:16 PM

Congrats Pete!

djwhog 03-23-2018 06:59 AM

Ditto, congrats Pete. Man you have made a lot of leaps and bounds forward in the past couple of years. Nice :)

tweet 03-23-2018 09:44 AM

Pete,
Congratulations. Always a pleasure to read about your journey. It's obvious that you truly value and appreciate each change or addition. That's refreshing. Happy listening.

For The Love of Music 03-23-2018 10:35 AM

VP, good to hear the happiness exerted in the forum - this is a long, hard road, with all the rollercoaster highs and lows we dub as a “journey” - enjoy your system!

Tom R. 04-09-2018 11:41 PM

Today I added two Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 Power Cords to my system--one for the McIntosh C2300 and one for my Parasound A21 amp. I originally thought I would try just one, but when they went on close-out, I ordered two from Masterlu. Being home all day today, I've been able to follow the initial break-in. Of course the sound was a bit wild at first, but I was hearing new things in familiar recordings right away, and I heard enough good qualities to know that they were on the right track. If the break-in period is 100 hours I am about 10% into it, but if they don't improve from here I would still be happy with them.

So, I'm pleased enough with my first entry into the Wireworld world that I expect to eventually have a full loom. Of course, by the time I can afford any more, I'll have to settle for the upgraded 8s.