AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   IsoAcoustics GAIA Titan Theis (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48092)

JemHadar 05-16-2020 04:24 PM

IsoAcoustics GAIA Titan Theis

Thinking about biting the bullet on two sets of IsoAcoustics GAIA Titan Theis feet for my Proac Response D100 speakers. Learned about the brand through pro audio. I have no experience with this kind of tweak and they are quite expensive so any user feedback is more than welcome.

imprezap2 05-17-2020 03:11 AM

My two sets of Gaia I's are back in the box, probably will sell them.
Tried them under my Magico V3's at the time, low frequencies getting leaner, and the (difficult to desrcibe) magic in the music was lost a bit.

I decided to buy them during a show, where they were A/B demod under two pairs of B&W speakers, here the result was positive. If possible find a place were you can listen to the Gaia's under your speakers. (probably not so easy)

JemHadar 05-17-2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imprezap2 (Post 1005011)
My two sets of Gaia I's are back in the box, probably will sell them.
Tried them under my Magico V3's at the time, low frequencies getting leaner, and the (difficult to desrcibe) magic in the music was lost a bit.

I decided to buy them during a show, where they were A/B demod under two pairs of B&W speakers, here the result was positive. If possible find a place were you can listen to the Gaia's under your speakers. (probably not so easy)

Thank you for sharing your experience. Good suggestion, I will check if the dealer has a loaner set.

JemHadar 05-17-2020 12:31 PM

🤪 Should have known better than to go down this rabbit hole. Lots of conflicting testimonials on the web. It would seem that for my use case maybe the Townshend Seismic Isolation products are better suited.

Masterlu 05-17-2020 03:12 PM

In my experience, nothing even comes close to Stillpoints Ultra 5 or Ultra 6 on Speakers. :ok:

JemHadar 05-17-2020 04:24 PM

IsoAcoustics GAIA Titan Theis

I’m trying to understand what the Stillpoints do and what configuration would work best with a 131 kg (289 lbs) speaker...but their website is a bit spartan. Any elaboration would be more than welcome as it would seem the Ultra’s are modular ?

Masterlu 05-17-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jem666 (Post 1005051)
I’m trying to understand what the Stillpoints do and what configuration would work best with a 131 kg (289 lbs) speaker...but their website is a bit spartan. Any elaboration would be more than welcome as it would seem the Ultra’s are modular ?

Stillpoints provide maximum isolation from vibration via 5 or 6 Patented Isolation pockets re: Ultra 5/6

4 of them will handle well over 2,000 lbs easily. They are modular, and use custom Adapters specific for your speaker. The entire soundstage is greatly extended; this is not a tweek. It is nothing short of a component level upgrade; just read the reviews Worldwide.

I sell them all over the Globe.

JemHadar 05-17-2020 05:00 PM

Thx Ivan...time for some more homework [emoji432]

audiohippo 05-18-2020 04:49 AM

I just received a shipment of 3 x GAIA I for Mezzo and F113(2) plus 2 x GAIA Titan Theis for Alexia, the Stillpoint Ultra 5s are going from Alexia->Dan D’Agostino Pre and Amp.

The Ultra5 on the Alexia left me searching to identify improvements, but under the electronics it was immediate.

Hopefully find some time to install the IsoAcoustics over the weekend, all their A/B demos have left me amazed in the improvements.

JemHadar 05-18-2020 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audiohippo (Post 1005073)
I just received a shipment of 3 x GAIA I for Mezzo and F113(2) plus 2 x GAIA Titan Theis for Alexia, the Stillpoint Ultra 5s are going from Alexia->Dan D’Agostino Pre and Amp.

The Ultra5 on the Alexia left me searching to identify improvements, but under the electronics it was immediate.

Hopefully find some time to install the IsoAcoustics over the weekend, all their A/B demos have left me amazed in the improvements.

Looking forward to your experiences