AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   PS Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Thinking about a P10 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41170)

SL1800 11-14-2017 10:14 AM

Thinking about a P10

Looking for advice on P10 and or P5. I spoke with PS Audio last week and they indicated I should hear the greatest improvement by placing a P10 on my two MC275 amps and the active bass section of my Martin Logan speakers. And the secondary improvement would be on my source components.

Just wondering if anyone else had tried using these devices on just the power amps vs source components???

Also it would take two units as my amps and speakers are on the end of the room and the source rack is on the side wall slightly behind me.

jayvis 11-14-2017 10:50 AM

I'll probably get hammered for posting this on this forum, but unless you have very dirty or intermittent AC, I'd recommend placing your priorities on surge protection for your components. Adequate surge protection is available for a lot less money. In the P5 and P10 demonstrations that I witnessed, I could not discern any sizeable improvements in sound quality from the McIntosh systems involved. I'm not saying that these items won't provide any electrical benefits to your components, but two of these items would be a hefty investment for what I consider to be minimal overall sound improvement. Of course, the best thing to do is to try them out in your system to see for yourself. PS Audio has an excellent 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

Masterlu 11-14-2017 10:50 AM

Everything is improved with pure power; I literally have a wall of PS Audio Power products.

jayvis 11-14-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 879565)
Everything is improved with pure power; I literally have a wall of PS Audio Power products.

I'm sure you don't have any bare walls left Ivan. :thumbsup:

Masterlu 11-14-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayvis (Post 879567)
I'm sure you don't have any bare walls left Ivan. :thumbsup:

:lmao:

PHC1 11-14-2017 11:38 AM

Power conditioning is a must and is a great finishing touch IMHO. Where it fits on the priority of upgrades is a different question. You may or may not appreciate the difference at all depending on other weak links in your system and if your power is dirty from the lack of dedicated lines and other household appliances sharing the same lines. It happens. :yes:

vintage_tube 11-14-2017 07:05 PM

Do you have a dedicated line(s) for your audio & is your power quite unstable? The latter is key for a P10/P5 solution.

Best Sir,

Bob

SL1800 11-14-2017 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 879632)
Do you have a dedicated line(s) for your audio & is your power quite unstable? The latter is key for a P10/P5 solution.

Best Sir,

Bob

I do not have a dedicated line and my power always runs higher than it should, 128v to 130v is common.

Robc33 11-14-2017 07:23 PM

Glad you started this thread. I have no power conditioning in my system yet. I do have dedicated lines, silver paste on all connections, and very good outlets, but have not studied up on best option for this end yet. Look forward to advice from years of experience!

Masterlu 11-14-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robc33 (Post 879637)
Glad you started this thread. I have no power conditioning in my system yet. I do have dedicated lines, silver paste on all connections, and very good outlets, but have not studied up on best option for this end yet. Look forward to advice from years of experience!

Rob... you are in for a treat when you visit me this weekend. ;)