AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Bryston scores a Trifecta! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2377)

Masterlu 10-13-2009 09:38 AM

Bryston scores a Trifecta!

1 Attachment(s)
Bryston keeps racking up the awards, reviews and recommendations. While many manufacturers are struggling and stumbling during these uneasy times, Bryston has without a doubt emerged as the High End Electronics Company of the ages. Impressive build quality....unsurpassed reliability....and breathtaking performance...all from a manufacturer you can trust...Bryston.

jdandy 10-13-2009 10:47 AM

Soooo, out go the Macs, and incomes Bryston?????? :D

Vintage Pete 10-13-2009 11:01 AM

I've always been impressed with Bryston gear. :yes:

Pete

Glenee 10-14-2009 02:52 PM

I am looking around for some Used or Demo 7Bsst2 Mono's just to try out and see what all they have to offer with their new design. If I score"em I 'll let you guys know. I tried the BCD-1 Cdp player. when I still owned the MC501's and the 802D's. I compared it to the MCD201 that I had at that time. It was a nice player small footprint and did well against the 201 and the Arcam 37 CD that I had at the time. It only did Redbook CD's but it did sound Good. I have never owned any of their Amps only heard them at shows, but this might change if I can find some Demo's. I can't tell very much from equipment till I get in in my House and get it cable tuned the way I like it, takes me about 30 Days to draw any meaningfull info on a piece.

Slow Learner I guess.

Masterlu 10-14-2009 03:23 PM

I'm a die hard Mac blue blood fan.

PHC1 10-14-2009 03:46 PM

I've compared the 501s vs Bryston mono's in my own system when a friend brought them over. The bass was clearly deeper although dryer with the Bryston and overall the Bryston sounded more sterile by comparison. We both agreed the 501s were more musical and engaging. If the Bryston SST2 amps are now different, it would be interesting to hear them again.

Tonepub 10-17-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 41791)
I've compared the 501s vs Bryston mono's in my own system when a friend brought them over. The bass was clearly deeper although dryer with the Bryston and overall the Bryston sounded more sterile by comparison. We both agreed the 501s were more musical and engaging. If the Bryston SST2 amps are now different, it would be interesting to hear them again.

Nah, you're pretty much on the money, sound wise. Bryston has always built good gear and they are a solid company, but the top of the heap sound, nope.

James Tanner - Bryston 10-20-2009 12:55 PM

Worthy of It's Own Forum

Hi Folks,

I was not aware that Bryston was 'Worthy of It's Own Forum' :tresbon: on Audio Aficionado so I will certainly try to participate and answer any questions that come up.

james tanner
V/P Bryston

two dot 10-20-2009 01:33 PM

Welcome James...

Glad to have you here.

A lot of us here love the PMC line of loudspeakers and the fact that they use/prefer/recommend Bryston says a lot!!

James Tanner - Bryston 10-20-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 42906)
Welcome James...

Glad to have you here.

A lot of us here love the PMC line of loudspeakers and the fact that they use/prefer/recommend Bryston says a lot!!

Hope the stuff you posted for sale was not something I caused :lmao:

james