AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Sports (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Baseball 2018 .......... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42126)

Mikado463 02-07-2018 06:04 PM

Baseball 2018 ..........

Super Bowl is over, as Craig said, time for 'Pitchers and Catchers' !

I'll start....... the Yankees (on paper) should avg 5 runs a game this year with their firepower. Now, if their starting pitching can avg 5 innings ?

Not sure where 'RW' fits in the mix other than a media distraction perhaps ??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Weirdcuba 02-07-2018 10:26 PM

Wait stop - there’s march madness before baseball! Won’t likely be as much fun for us tar heel fans this year ....

audioguy3107 02-07-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikado463 (Post 897894)
Super Bowl is over, as Craig said, time for 'Pitchers and Catchers' !

I'll start....... the Yankees (on paper) should avg 5 runs a game this year with there firepower. Now, if their starting pitching can avg 5 innings ?

Not sure where 'RW' fits in the mix other than a media distraction perhaps ??

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

I’m looking forward to the season as well. After that Georgia Alabama ending I need a break from football. The Braves should have the opportunity to improve this season a bit but they really need to have some of their young talent show results on the field this year. This should be a stepping stone season of sorts to next year when a lot could come together for them. They have a ton of young talent in the minors.

- Buck

crwilli 02-07-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weirdcuba (Post 897945)
Wait stop - there’s march madness before baseball! Won’t likely be as much fun for us tar heel fans this year ....

Spring training AND March Madness! It’s a great month!!!![emoji41]

multiham 02-07-2018 10:53 PM

Phillies fan here. Really looking forward to the season. Think we are going to score a lot of runs, but not sure we can get anyone out. It will be interesting to see how all of our young players do. Very interested in seeing if Rhys Hoskins can put up a season with 30+ home runs and bat 275+

It's been a LONG time since it was fun to be a fan of all the Philadelphia sports teams. Nothing further needs to be said about Eagles. Flyers are okay and the Sixers are one of the most entertaining teams to watch. I really do think the Phillies will contend again over the next 3 years as they have a lot of money to invest in the upcoming free agent market in 2019.

I also enjoy going to their minor league games in Lakewood NJ, Reading PA, and Lehigh Valley PA. Great that their A, AA, and AAA team are all within 2 hours of my house. Also went to Clearwater last year to see their high A team.

While the weather in PA is not to my liking (I hate winter), the amount of sports you can see in my area is outstanding. Even though I hate the Yankees with a passion, I go to about 10 of their minor league games each year in Trenton, NJ. Usually I try to see them play the Phillies Reading team but also go to see great prospects on other teams. You gotta love minor league baseball as the Trenton Thunder (Yankee Double A team) are changing their name on Friday nights this year to the Trenton Pork Roll. If your from NJ you will know exactly what that is.

Even though the pace is slow, baseball has and will probably always be my favorite sport.

JMD 02-07-2018 10:56 PM

Can't wait for my week at Spring Training towards the end of March. Lined up to see the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Phillies, Orioles, Tigers, Rays and Pirates.

crwilli 02-07-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiham (Post 897952)
Phillies fan here. Really looking forward to the season. Think we are going to score a lot of runs, but not sure we can get anyone out. It will be interesting to see how all of our young players do. Very interested in seeing if Rhys Hoskins can put up a season with 30+ home runs and bat 275+

It's been a LONG time since it was fun to be a fan of all the Philadelphia sports teams. Nothing further needs to be said about Eagles. Flyers are okay and the Sixers are one of the most entertaining teams to watch. I really do think the Phillies will contend again over the next 3 years as they have a lot of money to invest in the upcoming free agent market in 2019.

I also enjoy going to their minor league games in Lakewood NJ, Reading PA, and Lehigh Valley PA. Great that their A, AA, and AAA team are all within 2 hours of my house. Also went to Clearwater last year to see their high A team.

While the weather in PA is not to my liking (I hate winter), the amount of sports you can see in my area is outstanding. Even though I hate the Yankees with a passion, I go to about 10 of their minor league games each year in Trenton, NJ. Usually I try to see them play the Phillies Reading team but also go to see great prospects on other teams. You gotta love minor league baseball as the Trenton Thunder (Yankee Double A team) are changing their name on Friday nights this year to the Trenton Pork Roll. If your from NJ you will know exactly what that is.

Even though the pace is slow, baseball has and will probably always be my favorite sport.

Good post

Mikado463 02-08-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by multiham (Post 897952)
Phillies fan here.

Likewise, but I can't 'hate' the Yankees, after all they are the greatest team in professional sports. I would love to see the Phillies beat them in a World Series though !

crwilli 02-08-2018 11:37 AM

Can’t wait for March when we will travel to Tampa to see the 2018 Yankees for two games.

Formerly YB-2 02-19-2018 01:59 PM

Craig - same question I ask the guy with the Yankees t-shirt at the store last week........... have they spent enough money to buy a good team for this year?