AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Pass Labs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Pass Labs Int-30A (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25057)

Pider 03-23-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPaulC (Post 574751)
It is good to get positive responses from folks who are experienced with Pass Labs. I am looking forward to taking delivery on Thursday. Once the amp is settled in and has a few hours on it I will start testing out some source to amp interconnects and speaker cable. Can it be coincidence that a Nordost rep is paying a visit to a local dealer on Thursday to do some demos?

Sure would like to know how things are going. I was just trolling on their website and found my way to their two integrated units. I like the looks of the 30A, but like you have absolutely no experience with Pass Labs, let alone class A.

https://passlabs.com/images/uploads/...ain__large.jpg

junker 03-23-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pider (Post 592193)
Sure would like to know how things are going. I was just trolling on their website and found my way to their two integrated units. I like the looks of the 30A, but like you have absolutely no experience with Pass Labs, let alone class A.

Love mine. Just love it. Not sure what I'm going to do when I order a Shindo amp. May sell it or use for AV and digital background music.

It's plenty of power! With inefficient vandersteens I played at 16-24 out of 64. It can handle any load, has tons of current, and really goes 6db above 30 watts. It's more like a 120 watt amp.

Pider 03-23-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junker (Post 592235)
Love mine. Just love it. Not sure what I'm going to do when I order a Shindo amp. May sell it or use for AV and digital background music.

It's plenty of power! With inefficient vandersteens I played at 16-24 out of 64. It can handle any load, has tons of current, and really goes 6db above 30 watts. It's more like a 120 watt amp.

There's one on Agon right now. Not sure if it's a good price or not, but I'm almost willing to give it a try. :scratch2: No experience with class A.

rbbert 03-23-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pider (Post 592262)
There's one on Agon right now. Not sure if it's a good price or not, but I'm almost willing to give it a try. :scratch2: No experience with class A.

You might check the Reno HiFi site; they frequently have used or demo units at a good price with the same money-back guarantee that their new units have. You might also want to talk to Mark about whether the INT150 might be more suited to your needs or tastes.

Higgens 03-23-2014 07:12 PM

+1 Reno Hi-Fi

junker 03-23-2014 07:22 PM

I think that sounds like great deal! 45% off year old Pass?? Yeah, good deal.

Chris Connaker from Computer Audiophile and Michael Lavorgna both personally own the INT-30A. :yes:

Pider 03-23-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbbert (Post 592293)
You might check the Reno HiFi site; they frequently have used or demo units at a good price with the same money-back guarantee that their new units have. You might also want to talk to Mark about whether the INT150 might be more suited to your needs or tastes.

I was on their web site earlier and didn't see anything. Wouldn't hurt to give a call and discuss the difference between the A and A/B versions. Thanks.

Pider 03-23-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junker (Post 592301)
I think that sounds like great deal! 45% off year old Pass?? Yeah, good deal.

Chris Connaker from Computer Audiophile and Michael Lavorgna both personally own the INT-30A. :yes:

I thought Chris got some big honkin' Pass monoblocks? He does like Pass.

junker 03-23-2014 07:35 PM

He's running class A 160s from the INT-30A as a pre-amp. The INT-30A is also a pre-amp... Not sure but I think he will run off the INT-30A in summer.

If you plot Pass Class A Power by $ you pretty much get a straight line. You pretty much pay a fixed $ per watt, so just buy what you need and nothing more unless you have the extra money for gear, A/C, and your power bill.

junker 03-23-2014 07:40 PM

Also, I should note that I would never get rid of mine for that cheap... that guy is desperate or something. This is a piece that you can use anywhere....don't need separate amp, pre-amp, and interconnect. It can be used with your TV, in a bedroom, etc. VERY flexible. I can't see anyone giving one away because: A) it is PASS; B) it is Class A; and 3) it can drive anything...period; and 4) it is so damn flexible.

Look at the feature list.... there is no crap. It's all you need and nothing else. Remote, mute, basic display, 4 inputs (2 XLR inputs). Done...

If someone is hosting parties or cranks their music in big houses with inefficient speakers than they would be getting the Class AB. There is no excuse to generate that much heat. Personally I feel that anything above the XA100 is just for the ego and to say you have 'em but at the end of the day is probably just pretty silly (and wasteful...).