AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Montreal Audio Fest 2019 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45384)

James Tanner - Bryston 03-19-2019 09:10 AM

Montreal Audio Fest 2019

MONTREAL AUDIO FEST - BRYSTON DEMO

Bryston will be unveiling the Middle T-REX active loudspeaker system powered by the brand new 21B3 amplifiers during the Montreal Audio Fest, March 22-24 at the Hotel Bonaventure Montreal.

The demo system will feature the BDP- 3 Digital Player, the BDA-3 DAC, the BP-26/MPS-2 Preamplifier and two of the venerable 21B3 amplifiers. Also in the system will be the BAX-1 Digital Active Crossover for the brand new Middle T-REX speakers, and Bryston Balanced Interconnects and speaker cables. AC power treated by the Bryston BIT 20 Isolation Transformer and Target equipment stands will be utilized.

Please join Bryston in suite Outremont 1 for a system demo, to ask questions or to chat with the Bryston team.

We look forward to seeing you!

James

PierreB 03-19-2019 12:09 PM

:thumbsup: See you friday.

Parabellum 03-21-2019 09:51 PM

See you on Saturday for me :banana:

James Tanner - Bryston 03-23-2019 04:21 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Montreal AudioFest 2019 - Feedback

March 2019

Montreal AudioFest 2019

“Hi James

Congratulation for your demo room.

Very nice display and your middle T-Rex sound - THUMBS UP!

One of the best I heard today!

Have a great week-end.”

Pierre

Stefan_DR3 03-23-2019 11:20 PM

Can’t wait to hear this. See you tomorrow James!

Parabellum 03-24-2019 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It was a great event, kind of a yearly spring pilgrimage. It was nice meeting you James!

James Tanner - Bryston 03-25-2019 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parabellum (Post 958440)
It was a great event, kind of a yearly spring pilgrimage. It was nice meeting you James!

It was nice meeting you as well sir - glad you enjoyed the show.

We had a lot of great comments about the demo.

james

James Tanner - Bryston 03-26-2019 07:56 PM

Hi Folks,

Please see attached a report from John Atkinson of Stereophile Magazine on our T-REX demo at the 2019 Montreal AudioFest.

The quote below says it all ... and is the reason the T-REX models exist.

James

"By doubling up the speakers I like this, you get lower THD at reasonable SPL’s and having woofers spaced like this can, with care in placement, result in a more even low-frequency balance in the room"

SUBJECT: Stereophile Report – Bryston Demo – Montreal AudioFest 2019

March 2019

“Bryston's room was big but these tall Bryston speaker towers were easily filling the space with a Leonard Cohen track when I entered. (Peculiarly, given that Cohen is a native son of Montreal, this was the only time I heard one of his songs at the show.)

The system consisted of a pair of Bryston's new 21B3 amplifiers, BDP-3 digital player, BDA-3 DAC, BP-26/MPS-2 preamplifier, BAX-1 digital active crossover, and Bryston balanced interconnects and speaker cables. AC power was treated with a Bryston BIT 20 Isolation Transformer.

The speakers? On closer examination, each appeared to be two Bryston Middle Ts, one mounted upside-down on top of the other. Bryston's James Tanner explained that this is the middle model of three brand new T-REX systems, each of which combines a pair of their speakers in this fashion. The smallest is the Mini T-REX, which combines two Mini-Ts, the largest the Model T-REX, which puts one already tall Model-T on top of another.

The Middle T-REX speakers being demmed costs $12,000/pair and as you can see from the photo of its rear, the upper speaker actually has the terminals at what used to be its top.

By doubling up the speakers I like this, you get lower THD at reasonable SPL’s and having woofers spaced like this can, with care in placement, result in a more even low-frequency balance in the room.

After Leonard Cohen, I listened to a track by John Lee Hooker, with Van Morrison guesting on vocals— the bass guitar was remarkably even and the overall imaging well-defined, despite there being no acoustic treatment in the room.

And when Tanner played me an EDM track, "Electrified" from Boris Blank, who used to be half of Yello, the deep bass "gulps" made my intestines shake in sympathy.

Oh yeah !!!”

John Atkinson,
Stereophile

James Tanner - Bryston 03-28-2019 10:51 AM

INNER EAR REPORT

Montreal AudioFest 2019 – Bryston Demo

Bryston showed the Middle T- Rex fully active system.

Again, the sound was astoundingly good and coherent-sounding anywhere in the big room.

Superb Audio - !!!

Ernie Fisher

James Tanner - Bryston 04-04-2019 08:38 AM

SUBJECT: NOVO Magazine – Bryston Demo – Montreal AudioFest 2019

March 2019

Bryston Demo Montreal Audio Fest 2019

“As a long-standing iconic Canadian brand, Bryston always exhibits in a large room to showcase their gear.

This year in Montreal they were once again showing the Active System with the Middle T-Rex loudspeakers, which are basically two pairs of their Middle T models stacked on top of each other and secured with brackets.

The system was driven by two 21B3 (cubed) three-channel amplifiers with each channel controlling tweeters, midrange and woofers per side.

The demo system also featured the BAX-1 DSP active crossover, the BDA-3 DAC and the BDP-3 digital player.

Playing Leonard Cohen’s “Tower Of Song”, the system offered great imaging and sound-staging with a clean and coherent presentation that was musical and pleasing to the ear.

This was a very admirable performance without stratospheric prices.”

Alex Gorouvein,
NOVO Magazine