AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Just Cant Resist! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=8944)

JSCC 07-04-2011 10:47 PM

Just Cant Resist!

2 Attachment(s)
Well, this had to come and I just cant resist it. More so, when the side panels are of the same Canadian White Ash as that of the Leben CS300xs (moded) unit I acquired. They just looks the perfect partner to each other, same size. The unit has been ordered and will be coming sometime in August.

Attached pictures for view.

Description as follows:

RS-30EQ Phono Preamplifier equipped with CR-Type, Non-NFB phono equalizer

RS-30EQ is equipped with the CR-type equalizer based on GE (General Electric/USA) 12AT7 authorized by J.A.N.(Joint Army & Navy) standard of the US Army, and can reproduce a very high quality and clear sound without adding any NFB.

To avoid compromising sound quality using the NFB type, one of the solutions we adapted to completely protect the sensitive CR type equalizer was to originally develop for RS-30EQ a high quality "Orient-Core" power transformer perfectly shielded to shut-down hum noise from the transformer perfectly.

We have also selected the finest available high-end audio components to keep the deflection of the RIAA curve below +/-0.2%.

Specifications:

Tube compliment JAN 12AT7A (G.E.) X 2
6X5GT (G.E.) X 1
Gain 23.5dB
RIAA Curve Less than +/-0.2%
Input Impedance 47Kohm (Normal)
Max. Input 400mV (2KHz.)
Output Voltage 175mV
Power Comsumption 17W
Weight 6.0 kg
Dimensions 340(W) x 140(H) x 240(D) mm
Attachment Power Cord
Specifications subject to change without notice

Cheers!

Masterlu 07-04-2011 10:51 PM

Congrad's Jerry! :banana:

Alberto 07-04-2011 10:56 PM

Congratulations Jerry.

Resistance is futile sometimes works to our advantage. Well done!

Alberto

JSCC 07-04-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto (Post 177570)
Congratulations Jerry.

Resistance is futile sometimes works to our advantage. Well done!

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

I know how its like about the "Tubes Magic", akin to how Shindo had you mesmerized. Dont get me wrong, I am 100% happy with what my Meridian setup and its musicality.

However, somewhere, somehow, this is like having great steak all the time. BUT once in a while, fish might be a refreshing change to the taste buds. This is where I am willing to go for a second totally different system where I will make the Meridian a complete DIGITAL system while the Dr. Feickert TT combo will be partnered with TUBES. Fully analogue all the way. While I do not have the same 5080 CD's worth of music in vinyl (God forbid, the space needed to store the vinyls will be like a huge library - not to mention the passion and financials which I never would possess to have such a collection), I supposed the 100 plus pieces I have collected will be good enough to tickle my music buds. Its kinda like fine wine, sample and savor! Thats how I will have this system do for me, in the bedroom. Of curse, I have a lot of work to do ... the foundation being to CONVINCE my dear wife to accept this "wild" idea of having a second system right in the bedroom for my (ok, better use the word "OUR") listening pleasure.

I am listening around for a pair of speakers that will provide the same magic as like the Meridian to partner well with the puny but magical 15 watts Leben. Size and WAF will have to go hand in hand. No hurry, I will take my time.

This is really contradictory to what I had believed in .. speakers forming the foundation, but in this case, the Integrated Amplifier took main stand. Oh well, circumstances .... :D

Thanks for the encouragement Alberto .... :thumbsup:

Cheers! :banana:

chessman 07-04-2011 11:33 PM

Jerry, look at Tannoy, looks like furniture, is very efficient so friendly with low power tube set-up, sounds great according to Alberto and Serge.

http://www.tannoy.com/images/AnimLarge/134-large-1.jpg

Jerome W 07-05-2011 12:42 AM

Congrats Jerry !

Your wife must be very happy :D !
Yes, now you just need tube friendly speakers.
Cheers,

two dot 07-05-2011 12:58 AM

Congrats Jerry...

Don't be surprised if the Leben becomes your main and favorite system...

Ears love tubes....

JSCC 07-05-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by two dot (Post 177606)
Congrats Jerry...

Don't be surprised if the Leben becomes your main and favorite system...

Ears love tubes....

Well, I am bidding my chances (as I am in no hurry) for a good used but mint pair at attractive prices. I am open to Tannoys, Klipsch Cornwalls III, Avantgarde Acoustics Uno Picco (now discontinued but very good sounding) and Duo Grosso, small footprint although top down, the mid horn is quite large. Of course, DeVore, Duevel can be considered. So, I'll wait patiently for the used market to show them.

I am not surprised that tubes may end up being my first system, cause by then, I may just be too lazy to come out to the lounge area to listen to the Meridian setup. Should that day happen, I'll just sell it off and keep the monies, buy a new tuner and transfer the Sooloos system to play thru the Leben. :D

Would that day cometh, I dont know BUT I am sure there's a high chance. :thumbsup:

Cheers! :banana:

Still-One 07-05-2011 09:08 AM

Jerry, you sure do like to shop for gear. :lmao:

Jim

f1 fan 07-05-2011 09:46 AM

Jerry...congrats on your tube system. You'll find yourself listening to more music than ever before especially vinyl. Looking forward to your pix, review and impressions.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado