AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo vs Leben ... ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9579)

joeinid 08-21-2011 11:41 AM

Shindo vs Leben ... ?

I am kind of afraid to ask, but what would be the most important difference between these two brands. I am intrigued and wonder how the sound differs :scratch2:

I see Leben has integrateds but did not notice them for Shindo.

I am not sure where this will lead, but it's fun looking. :smoking:

adhesiv 08-21-2011 11:48 AM

Haven't heard Leben but Shindo does have one integrated...the Apetite. It's basically a Montille amp with a very basic linestage from what I can tell.

cmalak 08-21-2011 11:54 AM

Well Joe I don't know how else to explain to you but one is a "Sound Create Producer" (Shindo) and the other is "A Motion Sound" (Leben). If that does not explain it for you, I don't know what will. :umm:

Jerome W 08-21-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak
Well Joe I don't know how else to explain to you but one is a "Sound Create Producer" (Shindo) and the other is "A Motion Sound" (Leben). If that does not explain it for you, I don't know what will.

:roflmao:
Cyril, "there's only one reference" !

cmalak 08-21-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C220MC275 (Post 195461)
:roflmao:
Cyril, "there's only one reference" !

:D Just having some fun Jerome.

adhesiv 08-21-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak
Well Joe I don't know how else to explain to you but one is a "Sound Create Producer" (Shindo) and the other is "A Motion Sound" (Leben). If that does not explain it for you, I don't know what will. :umm:

:roflmao: all your base are belong to us

joeinid 08-21-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmalak (Post 195460)

Aaaahhhhh :thumbsup: I think that explains a lot :D Thank you :roflmao:

joeinid 08-21-2011 11:58 AM

I think "A Motion Sound" is what I'm looking for :)

pitch perfect 08-21-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeinid (Post 195455)
I am kind of afraid to ask, but what would be the most important difference between these two brands. I am intrigued and wonder how the sound differs :scratch2:

I see Leben has integrateds but did not notice them for Shindo.

I am not sure where this will lead, but it's fun looking. :smoking:

Hi Joe-

Shindo makes an integrated design, called the Apetite. It is line level only, like the Leben CS300 series, so if you were interested in phono, you would need an outboard phono preamp. Both are 15wpc. The Apetite is more purist in it's design, with three line level inputs and volume control. That's it. The Leben, has more features for those who feel they require them. Additionally, it has a super headphone output. Sonically, however, Leben is my entry point into a really excellent tube based setup. The Apetite more than hints at many of the sonic attributes of the Shindo Aurieges preamp and Montille power amp (which are his first in the line of 'separate' components), but in one compact package.

Really, both are excellent - depends on what you need out of the amp.

Check out some links to my site:
Birth of the Cool « pitch perfect audio
Mini Miracle « pitch perfect audio
Tastes Great, Less Filling « pitch perfect audio

Leben makes two integrateds:
Phone Home « pitch perfect audio
If you need more power, 30~wpc:
Logical « pitch perfect audio

-Matt

joeinid 08-21-2011 02:07 PM

Matt,

Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I thought this thread was going nowhere fast :) I'm still in the research phase. No phono needed maybe 1 or 2 sources. Nothing special.

Thank you!

Joe