AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Beatles Remasters 09/09/2009 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=1892)

vintage_tube 08-16-2009 04:34 PM

Beatles Remasters 09/09/2009

Just curious if anyone has preordered either the Beatles Mono or Stereo remastered box sets due out on 9 September??

I understand Amazon has sold out of their allotment of Mono sets.

Complete Details: Remastered Beatles on 9-9-09 - BeatlesNews.com

gregswaim 08-16-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 33072)
Just curious if anyone has preordered either the Beatles Mono or Stereo remastered box sets due out on 9 September??

I understand Amazon has sold out of their allotment of Mono sets.

Complete Details: Remastered Beatles on 9-9-09 - BeatlesNews.com

I've got The Beatles ~ The Capitol Years Box Set(contains both mono and stereo versions of each song) on CD. This set is clearly better than the original LP albums that I used to own. I'm not quite sure why these are being remastered for CD- the technology was very limited back then.
Living Presence & Living Stereo are worthy of remastering in my opinion.
I've got a few Living Presence LP remasters in classical music from Acoustic Sounds and the sound is immaculate.

In my opinion, The Beatles should only be remastered for XRCD/SACD and not on CD.

vintage_tube 08-16-2009 04:51 PM

Read the article and have an open mind -- these, especially the mono's are be touted as the best to date. 9/09/2009 will tell.

Remember, mono was the deal back then -- infact, the Beatles listened to the monos & when the engineers were doing the stereo versions -- they had left the studio after hearing the monos -- didn't care for the stereo versions.

gregswaim 08-16-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 33078)
Read the article and have an open mind -- these, especially the mono's are be touted as the best to date. 9/09/2009 will tell.

Remember, mono was the deal back then -- infact, the Beatles listened to the monos & when the engineers were doing the stereo versions -- they had left the studio after hearing the monos -- didn't care for the stereo versions.

I've been burned too many times with remastered CD's only to find out later(post LP12 :D) that the original LP was better.
I would be interested in a remastered LP set. I don't expect rave reviews for this new remastered CD box set version.

Maybe the label will release a LP Box Set version as well- I'll probably buy that. :yes:

I have quite a few mono LP's in my library and they do sound quite nice. :music:

vintage_tube 08-16-2009 05:05 PM

Roger that Greg -- There are very soft words being spoken by EMI etc., that a vinyl box set is/maybe in the works.

I pre-ordered both, FWIW.

gregswaim 08-16-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintage_tube (Post 33084)
Roger that Greg -- There are very soft words being spoken by EMI etc., that a vinyl box set is/maybe in the works.

I pre-ordered both, FWIW.

Thanks Bob! I'll keep a close watch on the Acoustic Sounds web site in the event.

1KW 08-16-2009 08:57 PM

I'm a little disappointed that a SACD is not offered. Having said that if the remastered cd is as good as the Beatles Love cd I will buy it.

vintage_tube 08-16-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KW (Post 33131)
I'm a little disappointed that a SACD is not offered. Having said that if the remastered cd is as good as the Beatles Love cd I will buy it.

This is being directed to the masses & thus SACD has a limited audience. There is high expectation on these remasters -- which they have been working on for 4 years -- are going to be the cats meow.

I'm really excited about the mono box set myself -- I'll make a guess at this point, from what i've read and discussed with others -- these mono versions, individual CD's and the box sets will set sales records.

Several more weeks and we'll know.

Still-One 08-17-2009 08:15 AM

Not interested.

woodlander 08-17-2009 09:40 AM

I am cautiously optimistic about the set. If it sounds as good as the 'Love' album, I am very interested. It just depends how good a job they did on it.