AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Wireworld Cables (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sweet, Sweet, Sweet (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=2708)

hkval 11-21-2009 05:34 PM

Sweet, Sweet, Sweet

I recently purchased WW Silver Eclipse 6.0 BiWire Speaker Cable which completed my setup with all SE6 interconnects and SE Power Cords. Each step was a noticeable and rewarding improvement but when I added the speaker cable the entire system developed a sweetness that I have always searched for but never heard in any of the many high-end systems I have auditioned or owned. This sweetness is accompanied by increased detail, soundstage, depth of image and definitive placement of instruments and vocals. It is nothing short of "Magical". Voices have become alive in my room and Sopranos, who can sometimes sound metallic, now have a soft, full voice that can bring tears to your eyes. Violins have silky ribbon bows sliding across the strings. Musical detail in the bass adds a fullness to the entire soundstage and becomes mesmerizing when focused on. I am thoroughly convinced that quality electronics need the best power cables, interconnects and finally speaker cables to carry that beautiful music to the speakers.
This is a 'WOW' improvement factor for my system. Part of the improvement may be the BiWire but the sweetness comes from the SE6's. If you have any spare cash (Ivan makes it a lot easier to afford it) or you have an opportunity to try them, I highly recommend it. Wireworld also made special SE6 jumpers for my mids to highs at an extremely reasonable cost.
I have read every cable debate and appreciate all opinions. My opinion, straightforward and totally honest, this is anything but a subtle change. I could listen the system 24 hours a day without any sonic fatigue. Christmas is coming and many of you deserve a special present. I recommend Wireworld.:thumbsup:

jdandy 11-21-2009 06:11 PM

Howard.......This is wonderful news. You are at a high-end level where improvement is difficult to achieve. That last one and a half percent can be so elusive. I am pleased to know the Wireworld bi-wire speaker cables deliver the glorious efflorescence. :player1:

PHC1 11-21-2009 06:24 PM

So much for the lamp cord theory. :D Enjoy the new found level of performance in your system Howard. :music:

Masterlu 11-21-2009 07:18 PM

I feel great knowing how much more you now enjoy your System! :thumbsup:

hkval 11-21-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 49083)
So much for the lamp cord theory. :D Enjoy the new found level of performance in your system Howard. :music:

I remember splitting the ends of the lampcord and using the ribbed side as the positive and the smooth as the negative. I think lampcord was a better match for my Eico kit amplifier and homemade speakers.
I checked on the price of the new Platinum cable from Wireworld and it actually costs more that the complete price of our first home including the land.

Still-One 11-21-2009 07:27 PM

Cables surely change the sound of a system. it is up to each of us to find the ones that change it to sound better.

hkval 11-21-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 49106)
I feel great knowing how much more you now enjoy your System! :thumbsup:

Anyone who takes a look at my signature would suspect that there is a slight influence from the MASTER.:thumbsup:

Vintage Pete 11-21-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkval (Post 49109)
Anyone who takes a look at my signature would suspect that there is a slight influence from the MASTER.:thumbsup:

Yes, I'd say so! :yes: :yes:

I hope to one day do some cable upgrading...congrats!

Pete

Uberbrown 11-21-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkval (Post 49109)
there is a slight influence from the MASTER.:thumbsup:

We all could say that! Thanks Ivan for this great place to hang out!

RodWelst 11-21-2009 09:27 PM

After reading the SixMoons WW review,where the author states "As in my prior Wireworld review, for me the power cords stood out the most." I was a little hesitant about upgrading my speaker cable(cost VS sound improvement).

Thanks to the glowing review by Howard "hkval",I feel more confident in my future speaker cable purchase.
6moons audio reviews: Wireworld Cable Loom