AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender and Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40932)

For The Love of Music 10-26-2017 09:52 PM

Aurender and Stillpoints

I have Ultra Minis under my N10 and 2 sets of Ultra SS doing nothing, and believe the SS will serve a better purpose.

Does anyone use Ultra SS with threads on the N10, if so, what size?

krustycat 10-27-2017 07:05 AM

You should ask Ivan, he tries Stillpoints under most components.

Last I heard he was trying a set under his toilet.

[emoji23]

Audiophilehi 10-27-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 875276)
I have Ultra Minis under my N10 and 2 sets of Ultra SS doing nothing, and believe the SS will serve a better purpose.

Does anyone use Ultra SS with threads on the N10, if so, what size?

I don't have the Ultra SS but if I had to guess I would say they would make an improvement. Since you have 2 sets of Ultra SS's doing nothing I would try a set without the threads to see if there is a change.

BTW you can send the other set of Ultra SS's to me. :D

PMCH 10-27-2017 10:00 AM

I have Ultra minis placed under my N10 and Ultra SS screwed in under my amps. I think it sounds pretty good that way. I am sure it would sound even better if I put Ultra SS under my N10 but I don't have the room or want the extra expense. The N10 isn't all that heavy.

For The Love of Music 10-27-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krustycat (Post 875317)
You should ask Ivan, he tries Stillpoints under most components.

Last I heard he was trying a set under his toilet.

[emoji23]

Sent off a message. The toilet is a grey area, meaning not sure if those would require Ultra 5’s or 6’s, could go either way I guess :scratch2:

brownbear 10-27-2017 10:29 AM

Put the ultra SS sets under your Alexia's, but don't tell Wilson haha

For The Love of Music 10-27-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 875322)
I don't have the Ultra SS but if I had to guess I would say they would make an improvement. Since you have 2 sets of Ultra SS's doing nothing I would try a set without the threads to see if there is a change.

BTW you can send the other set of Ultra SS’s to me. :D

I am working within cabinets, so the challenge is taking the component out and pushing it back as the feet sometime stop and don’t want to scratch underneath, although you will never see it.

But temptation allures, and most likely will go this route this weekend to see if a difference is realized and repeat this with the DAC for the other set, and if they make the adapters will for sure install those.

The Ultra’s came off some earlier speakers and can easily find use :yes:

j3brow 10-27-2017 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 875330)
I am working within cabinets, so the challenge is taking the component out and pushing it back as the feet sometime stop and don’t want to scratch underneath, although you will never see it.

But temptation allures, and most likely will go this route this weekend to see if a difference is realized and repeat this with the DAC for the other set, and if they make the adapters will for sure install those.

The Ultra’s came off some earlier speakers and can easily find use :yes:

I’m in a similar boat. My gear resides in a cabinet and to break down the rack, build it back up takes me hours.

I’m sure I will get back to using Stillpoints again someday, I sold off my bevy of 5, SS, Mini ... I know very well how effective they are.

My point in replying is sometime in the past year Ivan posted an ingenious little gizmo that inflates and can levitate gear sitting on shelves, allowing space to slide stillpoints underneath using a device to push them into place.

I can’t remember the name of such inflatable device but can be purchased on Amazon. Anyone have link? Ivan?

j3brow 10-27-2017 12:37 PM

I searched Ivan’s threads and found it.
Thread title “The Greatest Tool in the World”.

Product is Winbag.

vintage_tube 10-27-2017 12:39 PM

https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...ghlight=winbag

Best Sirs,

Bob