AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Dynaudio Speakers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   My 1st listen to Dynaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=12747)

Doug Lax 02-28-2012 04:29 PM

My 1st listen to Dynaudio

I went today to my local Dynaudio dealer and heard a pair of focus 340.. The olny model I saw in the store. They were hooked up tp a meridian set up with straightwire cabeling . The rep (who was a Dynaudio owner played several tarcks for me)...... I was blown away. Dianna Krall ,Deep purple, Peter Fampton, Rush . These speakers brought detail to my ears that I had not heard with my 802s without any harshness. They are analytical and smooth at the same time. I know which brand will replace my system now :yes::pg2::pg2::pg2:

Puma Cat 02-28-2012 05:35 PM

Yep, that's the Dyn experience....all of their products are like that. You incredible detail, speed, transparency, dynamics and neutrality yet they are still musical, sweet and never fatiguing to listen to.

Thats why Dyn fans are so devoted to their brand. It's like guys (like me) who ride Honda motorcycles....there's incredible brand loyalty there...

djwhog 02-28-2012 05:52 PM

ditto I own and build their drivers and speakers for many many years, clarity and openness with depth are the qualities.

Power hungry yes, less eff and lower spl yes, but very high power capable at the same time and will last for years

Masterlu 02-28-2012 05:58 PM

How bout that Doug... :ok:

Doug Lax 02-28-2012 07:09 PM

Ivan

They were very impressive:thumbsup: and you would approve of the woodwork! The internet does not even come close to doing the finish justice !

CDLehner 02-28-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwhog (Post 275473)
...but very high power capable at the same time...

This has been my experience, with 3 sets of Dyn monitors now; that you almost can't over-drive them (at reasonable, or even pretty unreasonable levels). :thumbsup:

hkval 02-28-2012 07:38 PM

I cannot imagine, nor have I experienced, a more "musically satisfying" speaker. Many speaker setups have literally blown me away, but the Dynaudio is one that you want to turn on first thing in the morning and then stay up late at night listening to. They are a pure joy to have in the house - plus they can "knock your socks off" when you are in that kind of mood:thumbsup:

Masterlu 02-28-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglax (Post 275536)
Ivan

They were very impressive:thumbsup: and you would approve of the woodwork! The internet does not even come close to doing the finish justice !

I will most certainly check them out closer in the near future. :yes:

Doug Lax 02-28-2012 08:03 PM

They may be a good fit for a LEGENDARY dealer too

Audio 1 02-28-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglax (Post 275437)
I went today to my local Dynaudio dealer and heard a pair of focus 340.. The olny model I saw in the store. They were hooked up tp a meridian set up with straightwire cabeling . The rep (who was a Dynaudio owner played several tarcks for me)...... I was blown away. Dianna Krall ,Deep purple, Peter Fampton, Rush . These speakers brought detail to my ears that I had not heard with my 802s without any harshness. They are analytical and smooth at the same time. I know which brand will replace my system now :yes::pg2::pg2::pg2:

Hopefully you will be able to audition some of the Contour and Confidence models soon. Because as awesome as the Focus are it only gets better from there!
I would personally rather own less expensive Dyn's than some more expensive speakers for all of the reasons mentioned by the other owners here.
The sheer musicality, enjoyment and involvement I get from the bookshelf Focus models to the larger Confidence models is equally rewarding.
Dynaudio mangages to achieve this thrilling experience and consistent characteristics across the range.