AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Stillpoints Ultra SS Review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=39287)

Masterlu 05-04-2017 08:47 PM

Richard... Amps, and power conditioning first, then pre-amp and sources.

Vintage Pete 05-05-2017 07:31 AM

Another excellent review....as per usual Dan. I need to join the Stillpoints club. It's been moving up on my agenda steadily, and this review just moved it up another step. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jdandy 05-05-2017 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 845296)
Another excellent review....as per usual Dan. I need to join the Stillpoints club. It's been moving up on my agenda steadily, and this review just moved it up another step. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pete.......Thank you. I spent over eight hours listening to the studio system yesterday. I am floored by the improved clarity and focus. I couldn't turn the system off. The Stillpoints Ultra SS under the amps deliver amazing results. I should have done this long before now, but better late than never.

Vintage Pete 05-05-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 845306)
Pete.......Thank you. I spent over eight hours listening to the studio system yesterday. I am floored by the improved clarity and focus. I couldn't turn the system off. The Stillpoints Ultra SS under the amps deliver amazing results. I should have done this long before now, but better late than never.

Dan....It seems hard to believe that a tweak like this could make such a big difference. But I've been surprised before, and the accolades on Stillpoints has been unanimous. I'm going to have to jump in before too long. :yes:

PMCH 05-05-2017 09:44 AM

I have Stillpoints Ultra SS under my amps and Stillpoints Ultra minis under my power conditioner, CD/SACD player and under and between my 2 box preamp. The more I used the better everything sounded.

Audiophilehi 05-05-2017 10:51 AM

Another great review Dan!! I always look forward to reading them!!!

Audiophilehi 05-05-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 845241)
Richard... Amps, and power conditioning first, then pre-amp and sources.

Hi Ivan,

Where would the speakers/subs fit Into the order? In my system the biggest improvement came from when I placed Stillpoints under my speakers. :smoking:

Masterlu 05-05-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 845323)
Hi Ivan,

Where would the speakers/subs fit Into the order? In my system the biggest improvement came from when I placed Stillpoints under my speakers. :smoking:

Paul... speakers are the first place to deploy Stillpoints on.

Audiophilehi 05-05-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 845348)
Paul... speakers are the first place to deploy Stillpoints on.

Thought so! :D Thanks Ivan!!:thumbsup:

Masterlu 05-05-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiophilehi (Post 845349)
Thought so! :D Thanks Ivan!!:thumbsup:

Amps are next... ;)