AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Apexorca systems (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=28971)

audio badger 11-23-2014 11:49 PM

That's quite a system you have there...congratulations on the new speakers!

Antonmb 11-24-2014 01:36 AM

Wow, very impressive!

John49 11-24-2014 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 653142)
Wow, very impressive!

Pretty fugly...

chessman 11-24-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John49 (Post 653156)
Pretty fugly...

I sure hope you are kidding and I missed the humor .....

John49 11-24-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 653187)
I sure hope you are kidding and I missed the humor .....

No... I do think the Fenice are ******* ugly speakers. They may well sound fantastic, as I am sure they do, but looks-wise for me they are a complete turn off.

Apexorca 11-24-2014 02:25 PM

This kind of speaker always starts up this discussion about the size and the look.

The only big and really beautiful speaker I know is SF Lilium. It is really good sounding to but not nearly in the same way as Fenice. SF Amati Futura is maybe a medium sized speaker and looked much better in my room. In this case, it was not the most important issue when I changed to Fenice. But the sound was...
My lovely wife accepted it, not without some healthy discussions thought. As she understood and heard by herselves how good Fenice play music it was a much more easy discussion than I though. :thumbsup: She simply love them to.

In my opinion, to be a very big speaker, I can't find anyone looking reasonable better.

It's all right with me to express your doubts about how they look ore sound for that reason. :cheers2:
But you are wrong... sorry...:smoking:

Elberoth 11-24-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 653142)
Wow, very impressive!

+1. I think WOW is in order :thumbsup:

Elberoth 11-24-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Pretty fugly...

That was an unnecessery comment, even if you think so. Let the owner enjoy his new speakers. de gustibus non est disputandum.

John49 11-24-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apexorca (Post 653230)
This kind of speaker always starts up this discussion about the size and the look. The only big and really beautiful speaker I know is SF Lilium. It is really good sounding to but not nearly in the same way as Fenice. SF Amati Futura is maybe a medium sized speaker and looked much better in my room. In this case, it was not the most important issue when I changed to Fenice. But the sound was... My lovely wife accepted it, not without some healthy discussions thought. As she understood and heard by herselves how good Fenice play music it was a much more easy discussion than I though. :thumbsup: She simply love them to. In my opinion, to be a very big speaker, I can't find anyone looking reasonable better. It's all right with me to express your doubts about how they look ore sound for that reason. :cheers2: But you are wrong... sorry...:smoking:

Thank you Apexorca, for being so reasonable. If we all liked the same things, what a boring world it would be.

Please enjoy your speakers and best wishes to your wife.

Masterlu 11-24-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Pretty fugly...

For those that need a reminder for what is common courtesy:

1) is it kind?

2) is it true?

3) is it necessary?