AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Video (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Oppo UDP-203 on the way to compliment new Sony 4K television (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41188)

chessman 11-16-2017 02:37 AM

Good call, Dan. I will be ordering an Oppo 203 soon. I just got an LG OLED 4K TV myself. The new technology, especially HDR, is really exciting.

djwhog 11-16-2017 02:47 AM

nice Dan congrats! 203 is a great player.

Love my new Oppo 205 and soon I am going to get a 4k 75" Sony as well.

great choice you are gonna love it :)

imprezap2 11-16-2017 04:24 AM

Nice TV Dan, just went for a 65" OLED from LG myself, love the 4K experience.
Netflix also has some Dolby Vision content which gives the best result I have seen on a TV.

I spent some extra money to get the screen calibrated, well worth it.

Also looking at the Oppo players, I would like to have the 205, but for the 203 there is an Audiopraise board available, with that board you can transfer the digital bitperfect to a DAC. Still thinking about that choice.

Vintage Pete 11-16-2017 05:42 AM

Holy Moly Dan.....you really went all in! I knew you'd make the move sooner or later.

I better stay out of this thread (but you know I wont :D ).

I was about to make the move earlier this year, but other priorities won out. Now, with having just done the major upgrade in my bedroom, I'm reluctant to spend more...especially sine I don't think I'm through on the bedroom audio side.

Congratulations Dan....I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 4K gear a lot.

I'm also sure this is going to nudge me along as well...:yes:

GeAllan70 11-16-2017 09:48 AM

:lurk:

mcpaf76 11-16-2017 10:31 AM

Good choice I bought the same TV recently, in 75 inch. Great picture. Actually using a Chocolate HDMI cable for my Sony 4k player, pictures flawless. Bought the upgraded cables mainly to ensure the audio was as high quality as possible.

edward3132 11-16-2017 12:03 PM

Congratulations Dan

You will be very happy with Oppo 203.

I have one paired to a Sony XBR75940e and the 4k picture is amazing. Need to consider adding a streaming box like the new Apple 4kTV or RokuUltra to add to the experience. The apps on the TV are ok but not as good as stand alone boxes.

jdandy 11-16-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage Pete (Post 879996)
Holy Moly Dan.....you really went all in! I knew you'd make the move sooner or later.

I better stay out of this thread (but you know I wont :D ).

I was about to make the move earlier this year, but other priorities won out. Now, with having just done the major upgrade in my bedroom, I'm reluctant to spend more...especially sine I don't think I'm through on the bedroom audio side.

Congratulations Dan....I'm sure you'll enjoy your new 4K gear a lot.

I'm also sure this is going to nudge me along as well...:yes:

Pete.......Yep, I folded like a house of cards once I got inside Best Buy in Gainesville. I went there just to get the Sony XBR49X900E to replace the 40" TV on the wall in the bedroom. Of course Best Buy had the Sony XBR65X900E up on their wall playing 4K content. I was floored. The picture is incredible. Before I knew what happened I had the sales guys writing up the 65" and the 49" televisions. I'm pretty sure I went into a trance when I saw the 65" Sony. . :D

jdandy 11-16-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessman (Post 879986)
Good call, Dan. I will be ordering an Oppo 203 soon. I just got an LG OLED 4K TV myself. The new technology, especially HDR, is really exciting.

Randy.......Looks like a lot of people are buying the LG OLED television. I spent some time at Best Buy watching the LG OLED set, and no doubt it is impressive. When you pair the new Oppo UDP-203 with your LG there will be no turning back. I can't wait for my UDP-203 to arrive.

jdandy 11-16-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwhog (Post 879988)
nice Dan congrats! 203 is a great player.

Love my new Oppo 205 and soon I am going to get a 4k 75" Sony as well.

great choice you are gonna love it :)

Dave.......I'll bet your UDP-205 is sweet. The audio side of that player is getting a lot of attention and praise. If I needed high-end audio playback along with the 4K video, the Oppo UDP-205 would be it. No doubt that player will rock that 75" Sony 4K television.