AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   D'Agostino Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   D’Agostino excellent customer support (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=45574)

Antonmb 04-10-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioguy3107 (Post 960693)
Tony - That's awesome! If you talk to Bill again, put in a good word for me.....maybe he'll upgrade me for the heck of it for free! Ha! :D

Consider it done...or maybe not.

Still-One 04-10-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoboy (Post 960681)
Can you let me know how to pair the remote? Mine has been inoperative for a couple of years and I thought it was just broken. Thanks

First, check the batteries.
Second, make sure you power the unit off on the back and then power it back up with the remote "Extender" plugged into the unit.

Photoboy 04-10-2019 08:47 PM

Thanks Jim. I believe I’ve tried that sequence with the extender and the remote was still inoperative. Also tried it without the extender. I’ll give it another try. On another subject, is there a trick to getting the 12v triggers to work? I’ve tried using stereo and mono mini plugs with no luck. Thanks.

Still-One 04-10-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoboy (Post 960802)
Thanks Jim. I believe I’ve tried that sequence with the extender and the remote was still inoperative. Also tried it without the extender. I’ll give it another try. On another subject, is there a trick to getting the 12v triggers to work? I’ve tried using stereo and mono mini plugs with no luck. Thanks.

My 12 volt triggers work fine. I do just use them between the amps. The main reason is I leave the amps on but turn off the pre-amp each evening.

When you indicate you tried the sequence you did use the on/off switch on the power base and not just the remote.

Antonmb 04-11-2019 12:01 AM

D’Agostino excellent customer support

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photoboy (Post 960802)
On another subject, is there a trick to getting the 12v triggers to work? I’ve tried using stereo and mono mini plugs with no luck. Thanks.

My trigger also works. I’d use mono, not stereo, I’ve had trouble with stereo cables in other systems (although you’d think it would work). Here’s the instructions from the manual addendum, try going through this routine if you haven’t already.

Place the Momentum preamplifier in standby using the front panel button.
1.Turn off both Momentum amplifiers with the button on the bottom front of the amplifier
2. Unplug the Momentum amplifiers from the AC outlet.
3. Connect the 12V trigger output from the Momentum preamplifier to the input of the first Momentum amplifier
4. Connect the 12v trigger output of the first Momentum amplifier to the input of the second Momentum amplifier
5. Plug both Momentum amplifiers to the AC outlet
6.Turn on the preamplifier from standby to operate.
7.The Momentum amplifiers should now turn on as well.

SL1800 04-11-2019 08:27 AM

Great story Tony, nice to see manufacturers that respond with a solution so quickly.

For The Love of Music 04-11-2019 11:29 PM

D’Agostino excellent customer support

Tony - Is there something between the power supply and the chassis? On the site it looks like a piece of granite. It’s on the black versions, it also may be styrofoam?

Still-One 04-11-2019 11:31 PM

Nope!

Antonmb 04-12-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by For The Love of Music (Post 960940)
Tony - Is there something between the power supply and the chassis? On the site it looks like a piece of granite. It’s on the black versions, it also may be styrofoam?

I think what you’re seeing in the picture is foam packing material, those must be preamps getting ready to ship.