AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tweaks I've Tried - Some Worked, Some Didn't (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46527)

Cohibaman 08-29-2019 06:48 AM

Tweaks I've Tried - Some Worked, Some Didn't

From Audiophile Review....

https://audiophilereview.com/audioph...ome-didnt.html

Audiophilehi 08-29-2019 10:53 AM

Thanks for sharing....just goes to show you there's still some snake oil out there. :D

jdandy 08-29-2019 11:01 AM

Mike.......I like a reviewer who is not afraid to say he did not experience any improvement when using a particular product. I have had many similar experiences as I tweaked away at two systems for more than a decade. I tend to be a skeptic until I have personal experience that proves otherwise.

Beet Farmer 08-29-2019 01:07 PM

Seems my idea of this thread and all others idea of this thread differed. So I am removing my post, since it is not really about the same thing. Sorry.

2fastdriving 08-29-2019 01:40 PM

The author of the article that is linked mentions that he heard improvements with Synergistic Research tweaks like the dots and the atmosphere, but when he bought them he didn't think they did anything.

I think this is proof that the power of suggestion is much greater than we realize. I've been to SR demos and I've heard some improvements too. However I don't buy those products because I personally don't see how a magic dot or a magic box can bring any improvement. He's a nice guy and I'm not bashing anything, I just don't get it. My opinion only.

But I think our expectations and the power of suggestion play a major role in our perceived improvements in any tweak.

Over time I've come to realize that NO "tweak" by itself is a game changer or mind blowing improvement. It's getting the basics right...the room, the setup, choosing quality gear that works together for what you are trying to achieve. That's 99% of the battle.

audioguy3107 08-29-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 977731)
The author of the article that is linked mentions that he heard improvements with Synergistic Research tweaks like the dots and the atmosphere, but when he bought them he didn't think they did anything.

I think this is proof that the power of suggestion is much greater than we realize. I've been to SR demos and I've heard some improvements too. However I don't buy those products because I personally don't see how a magic dot or a magic box can bring any improvement. He's a nice guy and I'm not bashing anything, I just don't get it. My opinion only.

But I think our expectations and the power of suggestion play a major role in our perceived improvements in any tweak.

Over time I've come to realize that NO "tweak" by itself is a game changer or mind blowing improvement. It's getting the basics right...the room, the setup, choosing quality gear that works together for what you are trying to achieve. That's 99% of the battle.

To piggyback what Marc said about the Synergistic dot demo at RMAF 2018......I was able to hear a difference when he took the system in and out of the chain....I thought it sounded better without.

- Buck

theophile 09-27-2019 02:58 AM

With some components the best tweak is to get rid of them.

Audioraven 09-27-2019 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theophile (Post 980781)
With some components the best tweak is to get rid of them.

:laughin: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MarSanz 09-27-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 977731)

+1