AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cables Galore (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Audioquest Interconnect Cables compared to Wireworld (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41063)

GBP 04-29-2018 04:17 AM

Owned a Fadel Art Aerolink 1,5metres, RCA for almost 17 years now. It's one massive silver conductor but for me it sounded like copper: Full and nice overall.
As i upgrade my system i also tried the AQ Earth and Wind as IC between Pre and Amp.
The Wind didn't work here. Too thin and... can't describe... Not right and somewhat annoying.
The Earth is like the Fadel Art a very nice cable. Full, nice, you can listen with that for a whole day without any stressful moments.
The Fire arrived some days ago. Just after 5 minutes i had a big grin in my face and brain. Details. Bright details (i'm 49 in a few days and my ears have been damaged due too stress and too loud music in my twenties). Room. Soundstages. Fast. Impressive. This is the beginning of true High End i assume. I highly recommend the Fire.

Do not want to hear WBY or WEL anytime. :)

The Trace 04-29-2018 11:24 AM

Audioquest

I have a pair of the Dragon Source HC POWER cords on order mostly due to M. Fremer's review to pair w/ Pass 260.8 amps. Had to go with the review as no one here has a demo set!

johndoe21ro 04-30-2018 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling (Post 903431)
I had a couple good sessions with the WEL 2.5m interconnects in place of 1.5m WBY. Very lifelike; detail, imaging, and darkness between notes seem possibly improved compared to WBY, but surprisingly I expected more warmth and body vs. WBY (as johndoe21ro noted, and I noticed twice in moving from Wind to Fire and again from Fire to WBY), and I haven't heard that yet. In fact if anything it's a more lively sound.

It could be due to the extra length and capacitance involved, it could be due to the new-style XLR connectors on WEL vs. old BAXLR connectors on my WBY (i.e. new ones are more transparent and neutral?), or it could be that this was a VERY stressful, crappy work week, and you know how psychology affects all this. Soon I may have MUCH more time for frequent listening sessions :D

It might sound weird but I wouldn't use interconnects longer than 1m. In my experience, the shorter the better and with evident sonic differences. Comparing a 1.5m cables with a 2.5m different cable is not very relevant (to me). Further more, as far as I know the new line of ICs has more layers of noise dissipation system along with the new and improved connectors. You might compare bananas to oranges... And I don't think that WEL is warmer. It's neutral but with more bass and mid-bass and all the other characteristics I've mentioned in my other posts.
I wish you longer vacations and stress-free work weeks so that you can enjoy music as intended!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

rnrmf1971 04-30-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 913221)
It might sound weird but I wouldn't use interconnects longer than 1m. In my experience, the shorter the better and with evident sonic differences. Comparing a 1.5m cables with a 2.5m different cable is not very relevant (to me). Further more, as far as I know the new line of ICs has more layers of noise dissipation system along with the new and improved connectors. You might compare bananas to oranges... And I don't think that WEL is warmer. It's neutral but with more bass and mid-bass and all the other characteristics I've mentioned in my other posts.
I wish you longer vacations and stress-free work weeks so that you can enjoy music as intended!

+1 on your description of the WEL sound. Exactly what I experience and one of the reasons I've been hesitant to expand beyond WEL IC's on some source components. I've never heard the WEL speaker cables but I'd love to hear what upgrades Audioquest is working on since WEL isn't offered in their online catalog, anymore.

Catcher10 04-30-2018 12:44 PM

For what it is worth, I think the AQ Cougar LP tonearm cable is the best I have used. That being said the main reason is the cable is a very low capacitance, which is highly desirable for higher end MC carts. Specifically my Delos, and all Lyra carts, perform much better with low cap cables.

I wanted to try a set of WW Eclipse 7 or Silver Eclipse 7 tonearm, but after speaking with WW, those cables are high capacitance.

I'll stick with AQ and will also look at adding some ICs later on. I use Morrow Audio Grand Reference MA6s right now.

Mikado463 04-30-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 879605)
Of course it is about liking or disliking something (actually anything). Either a cable (or any component) gets you closer to what you are looking for or it doesn't. In other words you prefer (like) A over B.

:thumbsup: , exactly Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 879702)
In the "audiophile mind", the 50 ft or longer runs of low impedance XLR cables that are used for the microphones that record the very same music we are trying to reproduce at home is just not good enough. :D

shhhhh, don't get the poor audiophiles upset !

Quote:

Originally Posted by eljr (Post 878872)
Great video. Forget the part about Audioquest having had the comparison "fixed" on YouTube by "someone" but realize that there is no debate in science about wires.

To quote.

"the science is so settled on wires"

and to that, many so-called audiophiles refuse to acknowledge science let alone the powers of psychoacoustics !

Quote:

What I don't like is that the Audioholic guys act like a pair of juveniles.
It explains why their forum is the most immature on the net.
Even though these guys clearly have total command of the subject matter, you still want to slap their faces for acting like jerks.
yeah, I hear you, but then when I see someone spend 5 figures on 'wire' I wanna knock some sense into them !

johndoe21ro 04-30-2018 03:43 PM

Dave, to me you're just a troll. You can always ignore these threads and these so-called audiophiles...

P.S. When I see trolls writing on cable threads I want to knock some sense into them too! But trolls should better be ignored as they are ignorants themselves...
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

ylee 05-01-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 913267)
Dave, to me you're just a troll. You can always ignore these threads and these so-called audiophiles...

P.S. When I see trolls writing on cable threads I want to knock some sense into them too! But trolls should better be ignored as they are ignorants themselves...
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest Hurricane High Current 72V DBS, AudioQuest NRG-10 72V DBS, AudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone ISO Regen w USPCB A>B Adapter
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3

+1. I find people who claim to be into high end audio criticizing others' preferences in this subjective hobby pretty amusing. Tell me with measurements why a Stradivarius sounds better than a $300 Chinese-made violin.

mulveling 05-01-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe21ro (Post 913267)

Seriously! We're just trying to enjoy ourselves and share some of the passion, but we get this OFF-TOPIC noise and condescending attitude WITHOUT fail. We could go to hydrogen audio, avsforum, audioholics, or any number of such places if we wanted that. An ultra high-end audio forum such as this one (and there are very few) is not the place.

Trust us - we're not charity cases and we don't need help saving our money. If that's really your game, you should be down at the convenience store trying to convince folks not to buy those lottery tickets, at your local WellFargo branch making sure nobody falls for their crap IRAs, etc.

GreginNH1 05-02-2018 06:18 AM

Back to the topic, I just received a used pair of WELs. Solid upgrade from anything I had in my loom (Wireworld Platinum and other brands).