AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Integrated (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Bulletproof Integrated suggestions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48104)

bsandovalb 05-19-2020 01:01 PM

Bulletproof Integrated suggestions

Hello guys...

I am looking for an Integrated Amplifier to take care of the Audio for TV/Movies and Music. Not interested in HT multichannel (already have a dedicated HT room), and not interested in Separates for this set up (already have another room with separates).

Associated Equipment:

Speakers:
Usher BE10
Focal Utopia BE Sub

Sources:
Music: Aurender X100/ Playback Designs MPD-3
Movies: Oppo BDP105d (thinking in using the dedicated Stereo Outputs)
TV: SKY HD
Tuner: Magnum Dynalab Etude (believe it or not, still listen to radio :)

It will probably be used 4-6-8 hours a day, so looking for SS and not class A (too damn hot)... something reliable, simple to use and good sounding, that it can be left on all day if needed.

Was looking for a Mac Integrated (MA8000), as they look bombproof (are they?).... but open for suggestions...

Cheers!

Antonmb 05-19-2020 01:42 PM

A lot of great options in the same range as the M8000. You might also look at the Simaudio Moon 600i, the new Cambridge Audio Edge, Luxman L-509x, and the Pass Labs integrateds. I would consider the features you want (e.g. tone controls, phono stage, internal DAC, etc.) and narrow the list from there.

bigblue 05-19-2020 02:44 PM

I have an Gryphon Diablo 300 w built in DAC. It is a solid piece of gear and sounds magnificent. And - it has twin full-range subwoofer outlets. 80 punds of pure pleasure.

bsandovalb 05-19-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1005154)
A lot of great options in the same range as the M8000. You might also look at the Simaudio Moon 600i, the new Cambridge Audio Edge, Luxman L-509x, and the Pass Labs integrateds. I would consider the features you want (e.g. tone controls, phono stage, internal DAC, etc.) and narrow the list from there.

Thanks... Will look into those.... But the Luxman and Pass might get pretty hot?. I had the Pass XA30.8 (just sold it), it was a nice amp for sure... I want a no frills integrated to play all day long, either with music, movies/tv.... a nice powerhorse....

bsandovalb 05-19-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblue (Post 1005162)
I have an Gryphon Diablo 300 w built in DAC. It is a solid piece of gear and sounds magnificent. And - it has twin full-range subwoofer outlets. 80 punds of pure pleasure.

Only 80 pounds??

... jeje just kidding.... Would love to hear a Diablo 300, would you imagine him playing 8-10 hours a day?... does it get very hot to the touch?...

W9TR 05-19-2020 07:01 PM

OP - where do you live? I think that might play into the decision wrt service and support.

GSOphile 05-19-2020 07:25 PM

Another Gryphon Diablo 300 owner here. Terrific integrated. Another that's similar is the Pass Int-250. Both of these have some Class A bias, so they're not cool to the touch, but IMO the heat is manageable. Mine is usually on 10 - 12 hrs/day.

bsandovalb 05-19-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 1005182)
OP - where do you live? I think that might play into the decision wrt service and support.

I live in Costa Rica... only have a Mcintosh representative.... a Levinson and that is it... but I would probably buy from the US and import it...

W9TR 05-19-2020 08:57 PM

Love Costa Rica! We have stayed near Potrero, up in the hills. Beautiful.

I would just consider the ability to service the equipment you buy should there be a problem. You always hope that there will never be an issue....but then reality strikes!

audioguy3107 05-19-2020 09:12 PM

The Gryphon Diablo is such a cool looking integrated amplifier. Not that I have a list, but the 3 best looking integrateds to me are the Diablo, The D'agostino Momentum and the class A Accuphase (E800?) one that's on here a lot.

https://gryphon-audio.dk/wp-content/...-970x510px.jpg