AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Stillpoints (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   StillPoints Video and Audio Beat review (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25722)

jdandy 03-10-2014 05:50 PM

StillPoints Video and Audio Beat review

This is an interesting video explaining the latest StillPoints isolation products, narrated by StillPoints national marketing manager Bruce Jacops.

Intro Video

This is a link to the Audio Beat review of StillPoint products.

Stillpoints Ultra Mini, Ultra SS and Ultra 5 Footers, and ESS Equipment Rack - The Audio Beat - www.TheAudioBeat.com

antipop 03-10-2014 06:52 PM

Dan... thank you for sharing this interesting video. However, they could have spend a little bit on a better video when they try to sell you feet that cost over $5k for a pair of speakers. At least, don't have someone in the background laughing ;)

I never tried their product as I couldn't justify the cost in my system.

tima 03-10-2014 07:40 PM

A couple other Stillpoints related articles on The Audio Beat...

Stillpoints Ultra LP Isolator

Trouble Comes A-Knockin'

The video linked in the first post is done by Bruce Jacobs - folks in the Midwest may remember him as the owner of Salon One Audio.

PLK 03-10-2014 07:57 PM

As soon as Wilson Audio recommends using Stillpoints under thier speakers, I'll give them a try.

Bodhisattva 03-10-2014 09:40 PM

Thanks for posting those helpful links Dan :tiphat:

rockitman 04-16-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PLK (Post 588553)
As soon as Wilson Audio recommends using Stillpoints under thier speakers, I'll give them a try.

do you honestly think Wilson, Magico or anyone else building speakers is going to recommend stillpoints under their speakers ? They are only interested in protecting their brand.... Ultra 5's under my X-2.2's are a game changer.

Bavarian05 06-03-2014 07:03 PM

I am using a set of three Ultra SS under my ARC Ref 10. They are well worth the cost in my opinion.

John49 06-04-2014 03:56 AM

I have 4 Ultra SS under my Moon 700i and 4 Ultra Mini under my Marantz SA-7S1. Night and day... In a good way.

Have not tried under speakers, as too difficult. Will wait for new speakers, sometime in the future...

magoo 06-04-2014 05:09 AM

To a UK reader, no surprise to find it's Roy Gregory's name on that article, he & Hi FI + have been banging on about Stillpoints for years, they tried very hard to tell us we were basically crippling our systems unless we spent thousands on the rack (ugly industrial looking thing imho) and littered our racks with stillpoints, risers, inverse risers etc. Until Vertex AQ's platforms became flavour of the month.......

His reputation for objectivity took a nose dive when after some years being cheerleader in chief for Nordost's Valhalla he took a job with Nordost themselves!

I hear the latest generation of Stillpoints products are good, but I'd be inclined to take anything Mr G says with a deal of salt ;)

John49 06-04-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magoo (Post 612469)
I hear the latest generation of Stillpoints products are good, but I'd be inclined to take anything Mr G says with a deal of salt ;)

I have to agree with you, even if he is in line to bring me something from Denver...