AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Inspire by Dennis Had (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Dennis Had Inspire Amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=24170)

Simonatsea 03-18-2014 01:16 AM

So far I have yet to find real synergy within my system. My Mcintosh Ma-230, I thought would be the perfect fit but she is proving difficult in her old age. Back into the who for a new volume pot. Looking forward to seeing how a DH inspire fits with your system. Dennis posted a green 6V6 on ebay for St. Patty's day, sold in a couple of hours.... Retirement, wow, I think he has found something to keep him busy! Pretty amazing to have such a personalized build, Hopefully he is at it for a while yet.
Beautiful listening room btw....

Coltrane1 03-18-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonatsea (Post 590707)
So far I have yet to find real synergy within my system. My Mcintosh Ma-230, I thought would be the perfect fit but she is proving difficult in her old age. Back into the who for a new volume pot. Looking forward to seeing how a DH inspire fits with your system. Dennis posted a green 6V6 on ebay for St. Patty's day, sold in a couple of hours.... Retirement, wow, I think he has found something to keep him busy! Pretty amazing to have such a personalized build, Hopefully he is at it for a while yet.
Beautiful listening room btw....

Thank you. It's a small room...I've downsized homes for retirement, having given up a former fairly large listening room. But doing so opened my mind to exploring other types of gear beyond Class A solid state...SET integrated's for starters.

There was an Inspire KT88 listed today that sold in a matter of hours as well. DH, if you keep this up, you're going to have to hire some help. My Inspire KT88 and LS2 preamp arrive tomorrow...pics and first impressions to come.

antipop 03-18-2014 04:01 PM

I'm wondering if I'm not going to order one for my system :scratch2:

Can he do 220V ?

Simonatsea 03-18-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 590836)
I'm wondering if I'm not going to order one for my system :scratch2: Can he do 220V ?

He orders his own custom wound transformers so I'd dare to say that 220v would not be out of the question. Something he would be more than happy to answer you on, he's a very nice man. He had a Green 6v6 on the bay for St. Patty's day, only lasted a few hours....

antipop 03-18-2014 06:37 PM

Awesome, now I wonder what would be the best match for my system. The Manley are based on EL34 so I'm thinking of going with a KT88 or higher. I don't know what the 6v6 are like

Justlisten2 03-18-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 590888)
Awesome, now I wonder what would be the best match for my system. The Manley are based on EL34 so I'm thinking of going with a KT88 or higher. I don't know what the 6v6 are like

I don't know what the 6V6's are like either, but I'm about to find out. Dennis just sent me an e-mail asking me to start with the 6V6 tubes first, before I use the KT88's. After he was kind enough to include them, what could I say? Sure I will.
By the way, I asked Dennis with all of these cool custom colors coming out....can purple haze be far behind??? :music:

antipop 03-19-2014 08:51 AM

I'll love to get your feedback once you get it.

BTW, what is the process with Dennis ? Do you purchase it on eBay and then contact him or do you talk to him before ?

Too bad for the green one, it would have matched my living room perfectly :)

pstrisik 03-19-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antipop (Post 591061)
I'll love to get your feedback once you get it.

BTW, what is the process with Dennis ? Do you purchase it on eBay and then contact him or do you talk to him before ?

Too bad for the green one, it would have matched my living room perfectly :)

You can approach purchasing either way. If you like the listing that is up, buy it. Or you can contact him and have him build for you what you want. He lists that piece on eBay when it is finished and you "buy it now". At least that is how he did with me.

So, you can order green if that's what you want - so far I've seen, white, cream, black, red, blue, green. And, John, purple would definitely be awesome! :rock-on:

antipop 03-19-2014 04:32 PM

Thanks Peter, I'll definitively do that

Justlisten2 03-19-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrisik (Post 591072)
So, you can order green if that's what you want - so far I've seen, white, cream, black, red, blue, green. And, John, purple would definitely be awesome! :rock-on:

Damn straight Peter!! Here's what Jaguar Purple might look like!! :pg2:

http://www.carnewschina.com/wp-conte...le-china-1.jpg

http://www.carnewschina.com/wp-conte...le-china-2.jpg