AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Rmaf 2019 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46620)

James Tanner - Bryston 09-06-2019 08:16 PM

Rmaf 2019

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo – Stereophile Magazine

Bryston’s New BDA-3.14 Streamer/DAC
Jason Victor Serinus

A modification of the original Bryston BDA-3 DAC, which was released at the end of 2016, the BDA-3.14 obviates the need for a separate streamer.

Instead, the two are united in one box, with a Raspberry Pi acting as preamp. A preamp with 10 inputs, I might add.

Some of those digital inputs can accept up to 384/32 PCM and DSD256, but both are converted to 192/24

The all-Bryston system I heard, which also included the BAX-1 digital crossover, 21B Cubed 3-channel monoblocks, Model T Active loudspeakers, and BIT20 AVR 20A power isolation transformer with voltage regulation, excelled in throwing solid, no-nonsense, tightly focused images.

Bass was strong, excellent, and fast. I especially loved how the system’s 3-dimensional capabilities came to the fore on “Luxe,’ from Brad Mehldau and Mark Giuliana, where sounds seemed to be swirling around above my head.

James Tanner - Bryston 09-08-2019 07:34 AM

SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo – Part-Time Audiophile

Friday’s Highlights | 2019 RMAF

I heard lots of great products such as this all-Bryston system.

Marc Phillips

James Tanner - Bryston 09-08-2019 10:10 AM

SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo –Audiophilia

We had three team members covering—myself on the live blog, Karl on Twitter and Jan on Instagram. The good news, the show had record numbers of visitors and the cream of the audio press.

BEST OF SHOW & HONORABLE MENTION

All rooms were chosen by all three team members.

It was interesting how each of us chose these rooms while visiting them independently.

We heard superb sounds from the following rooms.

They featured system and room synergy, played music, yet pressed all the right audiophile buttons.

Bryston (full Bryston six channel amplification system, digital with speakers—very musical).

James Tanner - Bryston 09-08-2019 07:06 PM

SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo – Computer Audiophile

Folks spend some time in the Bryston room if you get a chance.

Really great stuff. I’ve been here for a dozen songs already.

I don’t want to leave.

Chris Connaker,
The Computer Audiophile

James Tanner - Bryston 09-10-2019 08:51 AM

SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo – Secrets Home Theater

Carlo Lo Raso Senior Editor
Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity

Dropping in on Bryston, who was sharing a large room with Sound Organization.

I was immediately greeted by their Model T Active speaker system. The system consisted of the speakers of course, two model 21B Cubed power amps, a BAX-1 Digital Crossover, the BIT20 AVR Power Isolation Transformer and the just announced BDA-3.14 DAC/Streamer/Digital preamp.

I reviewed the BDA-3 DAC a couple of years ago and found it to be a superb DAC.

The 3.14 has essentially the same DAC and analog section as the 3, but sweetens the pot by adding a digital volume control and streaming capabilities. It works with Tidal and Qobuz and is now a Roon endpoint.

Bryston has also developed it's own player and control software to work with the BDA-3.14.

I've heard the smaller active (Middle T and Mini T) Bryston systems at a past show and loved it. This one was all that and a bit more.

It had no trouble filling the huge suite we were in and the dynamics and transparency were outstanding.

Buying this whole system, as shown, would set you back just shy of $35,000.00.

To my ears however, you could easily spend a lot more at this show, if you had the means, and not do nearly as well!

James Tanner - Bryston 09-12-2019 11:40 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston Demo RMAF 2019 - AudioShark

September 2019

Bryston is another value for the dollar.

This system sounded very good.

SYSTEM:
• Bryston 21B Amplifiers
• Bryston Model T Active Speaker
• Bryston BDA3.14 Preamp/Player/DAC
• Bryston BAX1 Active Digital Crossover

James Tanner - Bryston 09-13-2019 05:17 PM

SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo – Absolute Sound

Steven Stone's 2019 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest Show Report

Leading off my list of top new digital product introductions is the Bryston BDA-3.14 “Multifunction” DAC.

It includes not only a fully-featured DAC but also a complete streaming platform that supports Qobuz, Tidal, Roon, and other services.

With a digital volume control and Bryston’s Manic Moose smartphone app, you can control all functions from your listening seat.

Bryston BDA-3.14 and BAX-1.

Internally the BDA-3.14 uses an I2S protocol to preserve audio and clock data with what Bryston claims is “virtually no error.” The BDA-3.14 also reclocks all digital sources and can decode up to 384/32 PCM and DSD 64 natively.

On the analog side the BDA-3.14 eschews integrated circuits for discrete ones and includes ten input options including four 2-channel HDMI, asynchronous USB, AES/EBU, TosLink, and digital coax. The BDA-3.14 also includes Bryston’s network module, which facilitates control via TCP/IP and RS-232.

The BDA-3.14 was impressive as part of a system using the Bryston BAX-1 digital crossover two 21B3 amplifiers and Model T Active loudspeakers.

The BDA-3.14 will be available from Bryston dealers beginning Q4, 2019.

James Tanner - Bryston 09-14-2019 08:55 AM

SUBJECT: RMAF 2019 Bryston Demo – Brian Hunter - audioStream

It wasn’t too long ago that a DAC as a source was all you needed to get things fired up for your personal collection of songs. Now with the slow infiltration of streaming services, manufacturers of high-end digital audio are required to adjust the way they present their value for the changing times.

Such is the case for Bryston. Their initial BDA-3 was the position if you wanted to reap the benefits of the best D-A conversions they had to offer. Eventually they created the BDP-π to satiate streaming needs into a DAC, but at RMAF this year they introduced a single one-box solution with both options called the Bryston 3.14 (see what they did there?)

The only thing that now stands between the two products is the internal I2S communication. Bryston added volume control to the 3.14 package for a full front-end option, and the resulting combination pulls in at just $400 more than the BDP-3 alone. Streaming sections for both Pi products run the gamut with Roon, TIDAL and Qobuz. The rest of the rig in the large listening room consisted of a full Bryston Model T Active Loudspeaker system, including a pair of 21B³ amplifiers and a BAX-1 digital crossover.

Country tunes wafted through the air for most of my time in the Bryston well-equipped suite. There was a very intimate feel to female vocals along with a very comfortable treble presence that made it quite easy to listen to along with a fun, laid back tonal blanket to cover yourself with.

The Sound Organisation room that presented Bryston get the award for most welcoming.

Plenty of entertainment paired with a capable sales staff make for relaxed, appealing visits... even if your schedule doesn’t allow for any chill-out time.