AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   New Shindo Pre Amp (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=25030)

magoo 01-25-2014 11:53 AM

New Shindo Pre Amp

Just seen a little FB post from Pitch Perfect, I'll leave the real pictures to the excellent lens of Matt himself, but as a teaser.....:)

http://nosnob.com/uploads/2009/02/partager_rouge.jpg

Jerome W 01-25-2014 12:03 PM

Congrats John ! ( Is John your first name right ? )

A shindo preamp will let you dive in the music like few other things can. And your Snappers will say thank you !
Waiting for the pics....

magoo 01-25-2014 12:17 PM

Jerome....while it sounds right up my street budget wise, I'm just passing on the info I saw via Pitch Perfect's FB page just now :) The last year saw so many changes in my hifi that my bank manager (aka mrs magoo ) would possibly kill me if I order anything else for a while :)

I follow Matt's page (and his web site) even as a non Shindo owner, not least because I love his photography! And you are I'm certain correct, a Shindo pre would make those Snappers reach new heights :) One day!

Jerome W 01-25-2014 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magoo (Post 573809)
Jerome....while it sounds right up my street budget wise, I'm just passing on the info I saw via Pitch Perfect's FB page just now :) The last year saw so many changes in my hifi that my bank manager (aka mrs magoo ) would possibly kill me if I order anything else for a while :)

I follow Matt's page (and his web site) even as a non Shindo owner, not least because I love his photography! And you are I'm certain correct, a Shindo pre would make those Snappers reach new heights :) One day!

Oh sorry then, I misunderstood your post. One day !

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

magoo 01-25-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerome W (Post 573814)
One day !

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado

Indeed!

This pre will apparently sit between the Aurieges & Monbrison models, MM phono & 3 line inputs & called "Partarger".

tonyd 01-25-2014 06:15 PM

Presumably this is an updated version, including gold 'portico', as there are several past references to the Shindo Partarger, for example.

magoo 01-25-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyd (Post 573915)
Presumably this is an updated version, including gold 'portico', as there are several past references to the Shindo Partarger, for example.

JH commented on the FB thread that "It's a re-use of an old Shindo name", but it seems like a brand new pre amp.

Hmm, after looking at the pics & the date in your post, there does seem a striking similarity.......JH did also say however... "Serial number 1 playing with a pair of D'Yquem, Auditorium 23 Hommage T1, Auditorium 23 cabling, Mr. T and Shindo Player System... Sounds amazing."

tonyd 01-25-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magoo (Post 573916)
JH commented on the FB thread that "It's a re-use of an old Shindo name", but it seems like a brand new pre amp.

Understandable ... it occupies the same slot in the preamp hierarchy as it's predecessor:

'The Shindo preamplifier line begins with the Aurieges at $3,800 and tops off with the Petrus III at $44,800. Between the Aurieges and the $7,800 Monbrison sit both the Partager and Mazaeris Bellevus at $5,800. The Mazaeris is line level only, both Aurieges and Partager MM only. Between the Monbrison and the Petrus III reside the Allegro at $11,800, the Catherine at $17,800 and the Giscours at $22,800. Halpern's apparent preference for prices ending in $800 bears further psychological investigation.' (6 Moons, Feb 2004).

Higgens 01-25-2014 06:42 PM

In Japanese culture, the number 8 is considered to be lucky. Perhaps just a coincidence, though.

Shindoadict 01-25-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyd (Post 573919)
Understandable ... it occupies the same slot in the preamp hierarchy as it's predecessor:

'The Shindo preamplifier line begins with the Aurieges at $3,800 and tops off with the Petrus III at $44,800. Between the Aurieges and the $7,800 Monbrison sit both the Partager and Mazaeris Bellevus at $5,800. The Mazaeris is line level only, both Aurieges and Partager MM only. Between the Monbrison and the Petrus III reside the Allegro at $11,800, the Catherine at $17,800 and the Giscours at $22,800. Halpern's apparent preference for prices ending in $800 bears further psychological investigation.' (6 Moons, Feb 2004).

tonyd

In Japan 8 is rather considered a lucky number. :yes:

So far these 800 Lucky.:D