AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Closing in on done (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49380)

PHC1 01-18-2021 05:54 PM

Awesome system Mitch!

Love the D'Agostino/Wilson combo, that was my pinnacle system some years back (Alexia/Momentum Monos) as well. I had no more plans for vertical upgrades.

Life had other plans in store for my system but I know how very satisfying that combo can be all across the board. :yes:

Welcome and Enjoy! :music:

Native Vermonter 01-18-2021 06:22 PM

Masterlu,

Those are incredible! I’d be proud to have them on my wall.

Slainte,

Mitch

Native Vermonter 01-18-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 1029699)
Awesome system Mitch!

Love the D'Agostino/Wilson combo, that was my pinnacle system some years back (Alexia/Momentum Monos) as well. I had no more plans for vertical upgrades.

Life had other plans in store for my system but I know how very satisfying that combo can be all across the board. :yes:

Welcome and Enjoy! :music:

Thanks, I really can’t imagine much more I could do to improve on the components; I’m still zeroing in on the final cable loom. I have a Shunyata Omega XC inbound for the Denali, and a pair of Sigma V2 NRs for the amps.

Couple more dedicated 20 amp circuits and I’ll be done, perhaps...

microbus13 01-18-2021 07:05 PM

AAH, "perhaps"

PHC1 01-18-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1029704)
Thanks, I really can’t imagine much more I could do to improve on the components; I’m still zeroing in on the final cable loom. I have a Shunyata Omega XC inbound for the Denali, and a pair of Sigma V2 NRs for the amps.

FWIW, I was running all Transparent Cabling as Wilson are internally wired with transparent but I am not a big cable guy. :D Sounded great with any cable I threw at the system. :music:

Antonmb 01-18-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1029704)

There’s always the Everest[emoji41]

Native Vermonter 01-18-2021 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 1029714)
There’s always the Everest[emoji41]

If I had the room...

Cohibaman 01-18-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1029695)
Thanks—I graduated from UVM in 1981...shoulda been 1978, but there were a couple semesters when my BAC was higher than my GPA.

That made me snort!

Native Vermonter 01-19-2021 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohibaman (Post 1029723)
That made me snort!

Snorting was part of the problem too, but I ran out of money and had to get serious about life...

SAM992 01-19-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native Vermonter (Post 1029695)
Thanks—I graduated from UVM in 1981...shoulda been 1978, but there were a couple semesters when my BAC was higher than my GPA. Vermont has changed a ton since I was raised there; I go back often to visit family and love the state. Not so much in the winter though. Old creaky joints and near zero temps don’t mix too well.

I’ve done all this in the last 10 months. The only things that are original (from where I started) are a pair of Stealth Cloude 99 power cables. I intended to just get to the finish line and it snowballed from there, as things happen to do.

I can be mildly obsessive in my collecting...witness below.

Cheers,

Mitch

And I thought I had a lot of guitars... just one Martin OOO-28 and 4 bass guitars, but they're nice.. a Fender Jazz Master Built, a Wal MK1 among them..

Great taste my friend.