AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   JL Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   SVS SB13 Ultra to JL Fathom 113v2 (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40000)

kamiraa 07-21-2017 02:01 PM

SVS SB13 Ultra to JL Fathom 113v2

I know a lot of people are stuck in this decision tree. I was always skeptical about how great the JL subwoofer could be versus the very accurate SVS SB13 Ultra. Both have similar size drivers, both great amplifiers, both similar power, both similar sealed enclosures.

So recently I change because I thought my new Martin Logan Summit X were exposing the SVS SB13 Ultra. My thought is, a subwoofer should always blend very well, but mine felt a bit "slow".

Wow . . . . what a difference for music. The JL Fathom is just SO accurate, SO clear, and SO "fast". It keeps up with my Martin Logan Summit Xs no problem, and they blend perfectly.

I still haven't even run the EQ yet, but I'm looking forward to further dialing this subwoofer.

Now it is time to change out my bedroom SVS Subwoofer for a F112 V2!!

My skepticism is gone, if you are considering a JL Fathom V2 , get it , its amazing.

phishphan 07-21-2017 09:33 PM

They're fantastic subs. I ran three 12w6s in my car when I was a teenager. I fell in love with the sound. I run two 212v2s in my room. If you think one of them sounds good, try 4 [emoji41]

Ricjor1 07-24-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamiraa (Post 857051)
I know a lot of people are stuck in this decision tree. I was always skeptical about how great the JL subwoofer could be versus the very accurate SVS SB13 Ultra. Both have similar size drivers, both great amplifiers, both similar power, both similar sealed enclosures.

So recently I change because I thought my new Martin Logan Summit X were exposing the SVS SB13 Ultra. My thought is, a subwoofer should always blend very well, but mine felt a bit "slow".

Wow . . . . what a difference for music. The JL Fathom is just SO accurate, SO clear, and SO "fast". It keeps up with my Martin Logan Summit Xs no problem, and they blend perfectly.

I still haven't even run the EQ yet, but I'm looking forward to further dialing this subwoofer.

Now it is time to change out my bedroom SVS Subwoofer for a F112 V2!!

My skepticism is gone, if you are considering a JL Fathom V2 , get it , its amazing.

Yes, the only way to know for sure is to hear with your own ears! I went from the SVS SB13 Ultra to a F110 v2 and preferred the F110. Like a dummy I decided to sell my F110 v2 and purchased the new SVS SB16 Ultra without hearing it. That didn't last long, I quickly sold the SB16 and purchased a F112 v2. To my ears JL audio subs are more musical and produce tighter/more articulate bass.