AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Acoustic Sciences Corporation (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   ASC Tube traps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=19698)

DonBattles 03-05-2013 05:57 PM

ASC Tube traps

2 Attachment(s)
Found some of these locally but they are in dark blue. I was thinking these could be useful but don't know about the color. I know sound first but it still needs to look good :)

jdandy 03-05-2013 06:00 PM

Don.......Just wrap them in a different color acoustically transparent material.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/attac...3678855800.jpg

DonBattles 03-05-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdandy (Post 454890)
Don.......Just wrap them in a different color acoustically transparent material.

I had thought of that but would be worried it would look like crap. I'll try to get better look at how these go together. My thought was they could be easily placed around the room to supplement what I already have. One idea I had was placing one or two between the speakers and the audio rack. If I can get the price in a good place I'll give them a try.

DonBattles 03-05-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameslrock (Post 455016)
Also I see that you are using your exercise equipment as a a hanger for storage. Get busy with the ab work out! :D

Not my pictures. You can imply my audio gear sucks but do not imply I'm fat, lazy, or in need of an abdominal work out.

JohnThomas 03-06-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonBattles (Post 454887)
Found some of these locally but they are in dark blue. I was thinking these could be useful but don't know about the color. I know sound first but it still needs to look good :)

The color is a little radical for my taste especially in you new updated room. But I'm sure you got them dirt cheap or free so that makes the color a whole lot prettier.

DonBattles 03-06-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnThomas (Post 455386)

The color is a little radical for my taste especially in you new updated room. But I'm sure you got them dirt cheap or free so that makes the color a whole lot prettier.

I've not purchased them yet as I'm waiting to hear from the owner. So in this case the price will determine ultimately what I do.

Amado 03-06-2013 03:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonBattles (Post 455396)

I've not purchased them yet as I'm waiting to hear from the owner. So in this case the price will determine ultimately what I do.

Is not easy to disassemble to change the color but they really work
The ones I had in the back are the same ones

JohnThomas 03-06-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonBattles (Post 455396)

In that case I would just talk to Jeff A/V Solutions. I would order some smart tube traps in the color you like. I just order 4 to go with my real traps from him.

DesW 03-06-2013 04:09 PM

Hi,
Try an persevere with them they do work well--those you pictured are the Studio Traps
they have slightly different characteristics from the Domestic variety-I suggest you email
Ty at ASC -they are very helpful.
Ty Moyer / ASC
ty.m@acousticsciences.com

Re the covering I have seen Muslin large stretch sock material that would stretch over the existing possibly.
The top of the traps if you notice, has a rubber ribbed ring that pushes into a circular groove-this can be removed and the "sock" held in place top and bottom.

Good luck

Des

Amado 03-06-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesW (Post 455453)
Hi,
Try an persevere with them they do work well--those you pictured are the Studio Traps
they have slightly different characteristics from the Domestic variety-I suggest you email
Ty at ASC -they are very helpful.
Ty Moyer / ASC
ty.m@acousticsciences.com

Re the covering I have seen Muslin large stretch sock material that would stretch over the existing possibly.
The top of the traps if you notice, has a rubber ribbed ring that pushes into a circular groove-this can be removed and the "sock" held in place top and bottom.

Good luck

Des

+1