AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Isolation, Tips & Tweaks (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ordered new HRS goodies (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=37880)

2fastdriving 12-10-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 818958)
I said it on another thread....the HRS top damping plates are definitely like audio crack; started with 3 for transport, DAC, pre-amp, added 1 at a time and was amazed at the result for each step. Was on the phone & PM to Ivan before end of the day. I now have 11; smoking audio crack,...very dangerous stuff!!! :respect:

Yikes! Can you explain what you are hearing from each additional plate? It seems a little hard to believe that these can make such a difference. But I've given up all reason in this hobby.

Masterlu 12-10-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 818995)
Yikes! Can you explain what you are hearing from each additional plate? It seems a little hard to believe that these can make such a difference. But I've given up all reason in this hobby.

I just doubled up all of my Damping Plates, which I wish were only 11. ;)

SCAudiophile 12-10-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 818995)

Stability of imaging, refinement is size and position of each voice and instrument, separation of same in complex passages. If I had to guess, I would say transport, DAC, pre-amp, Wavelet and Amp made the biggest differences that were audible. Others have experienced their own version of what they hear. I gave up on tweaks MANY years ago as I viewed them as snake-oil. Glad I came back to hear what these can help accomplish! Best small-price-per-item purchase you will ever make (IMHO). Try 1 or 2 and see if they help...I was skeptical and then very shocked.

2fastdriving 12-10-2016 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCAudiophile (Post 819000)
Stability of imaging, refinement is size and position of each voice and instrument, separation of same in complex passages. If I had to guess, I would say transport, DAC, pre-amp, Wavelet and Amp made the biggest differences that were audible. Others have experienced their own version of what they hear. I gave up on tweaks MANY years ago as I viewed them as snake-oil. Glad I came back to hear what these can help accomplish! Best small-price-per-item purchase you will ever make (IMHO). Try 1 or 2 and see if they help...I was skeptical and then very shocked.

I have two on order, and I only have two components that I can use them on. Phono preamp and dac. Don't need both running at once. So either leave one plate on each or move them to whatever is playing.

MtnHam 12-10-2016 01:10 PM

How do these compare to Stillpoints?

2fastdriving 12-10-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnHam (Post 819015)

Someone else will need to chime in, I've never owned stillpoints, and in fact I still don't have the hrs gear. Couple of days to go!

Masterlu 12-10-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnHam (Post 819015)

Totally different animals, I'll chime in later if someone doesn't beat me to it. ;)

SX-626 12-10-2016 04:28 PM

Please do

Masterlu 12-10-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SX-626 (Post 819056)
Please do

Tony... that reminds me you need an HRX Damping Plate in Black. :whistle:

(At my crazy holiday promo pricing of course) ;)

SX-626 12-10-2016 04:55 PM

Sigh.. I've been doing so good so far resisting your deals...