AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Magico (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   A new Magico in 2Q 2015 - S7 ? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=30876)

cmarin 04-02-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number95 (Post 688666)
My experiences with Magico imply they are mostly very transparent and neutral such that mostly reflect the rest of the gear behind them. That being said, I also get the idea that we all hear different, what we are looking from an audio system varies a lot, that is why there is not a unique, single speaker for everyone, that is very true for any other audio gear including amps, cables, source gear too.

+1

WillydeWoofer 04-02-2015 04:29 PM

Of course it's always the combination (and acoustics) you are listening to. It's impossible to listen to speakers only.
Maybe I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Myles B. Astor 04-02-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillydeWoofer (Post 688535)
More not natural than into the face. I mean in comparison with the acoustic instruments I work everyday with as a teacher and conductor. I like speakers that sound average as close to live as possible. But that are very difficult things. I know. Every brand instrument sounds different, every musician has his own sound, how is it recorded, what did the sound ingeneer do? I am just talking about an average. That's the best one can do.

Willy you need to hear them under better circumstances. Believe me they are not as you described. There was something else seriously wrong when you heard them.

Myles B. Astor 04-02-2015 04:47 PM

I might be all wet but I don't see it as a S series model because the speaker in the picture like the four way Q series design rather than three way associated with the S. Or it could be a new series altogether based on the M-series technology.

bvdiman 04-02-2015 05:01 PM

My guess it is new S series with improved driver arrangement as in Q, which perhaps they found superior in more recent developments - at least for larger speakers.

Myles B. Astor 04-02-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bvdiman (Post 688766)
My guess it is new S series with improved driver arrangement as in Q, which perhaps they found superior in more recent developments - at least for larger speakers.

Alon always admitted having the mid-bass driver as in the Q series was superior. Just it was harder to build a four way design.

WillydeWoofer 04-02-2015 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor (Post 688760)
Willy you need to hear them under better circumstances. Believe me they are not as you described. There was something else seriously wrong when you heard them.

It is very difficult to judge about one part of a chain. Maybe my conclusion has been taken to early. It's a complex thing. The most important is that one is happy with his own audio system. It's only a tool to enjoy music. I hope all Magico owners will sleep wel tonight :D

PlanarSpeakerFan 04-02-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKKeung (Post 686893)
  • Enclosure looks similar to S Series
  • Driver arrangement similar to Project M and Q7.
  • The woofers seem to be a new variety with shiny surface.
  • The feet are similar to Project M's.

Is this the new S7 ? :banana:

I agree with your reasoning. I think it is going to be the new S7.

Ken

Still-One 04-02-2015 06:26 PM

I had to hear several different amps driving Magico speakers before I heard a combination that could justify its inclusion in any discussion of top speakers. I now believe anyone starting from scratch and ooking for a great speaker should include this brand in their search.

S1chen 04-02-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 688800)
I had to hear several different amps driving Magico speakers before I heard a combination that could justify its inclusion in any discussion of top speakers. I now believe anyone starting from scratch and ooking for a great speaker should include this brand in their search.

Many a time, it is not only the amp that count. Most people neglected the source and use a source that only cost 20% of the amp. Rubbish in rubbish out.