AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Classe' Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   No Repair or Tech Support for Older Classé Products! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=42766)

GSOphile 04-21-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 911909)
Considering your post is #10 that’ll be hard to do. :scratch2:

It I did return to #5 and found I overlooked the OP’s reply. :yes:

Freddie, I apologize for the error AND the snarky tone.

joey_v 04-22-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 912165)
Got me. I have no idea of the difference.

Visitor message is like a public white board, everyone can see it and everyone can see your mail.
Private message is just as the name suggests, it is private mail behind the scenes.

You need to be a subscriber to have PM.

Kal can go to any member and write on their “wall” as a visitor message. But because he’s not a subscriber he cannot send a private message.

Kal Rubinson 04-22-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey_v (Post 912325)
Kal can go to any member and write on their “wall” as a visitor message.

How? I have never seen this option.

Crumhorn 04-23-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson (Post 912368)
How? I have never seen this option.

Hi Kal - I had never seen or heard about this either, but in the wake of our interaction, I explored, and (think I) figured it out.

To send a "Visitor Message": Click on the name of the person you want to message & choose "View Public Profile" from the drop-down menu. Once at their Public Profile page, the 2nd "section" down, right below the "Activity" section, has a tab called "Visitor Messages". When you click on that tab, there is a text-entry box for new sending new visitor messages, and below that a list of the previous messages received by that person.

Give it a try & see if it works that way for you..

Crumhorn 05-04-2018 09:42 PM

Hi All,

Just a quick follow-up. Kal kindly emailed his contact at Classé on my behalf 2 weeks ago, on April 20. So far, I have not heard a peep from them. I'll post an update here if they ever get in touch... :sigh:

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

Crumhorn 06-21-2018 02:05 AM

It is now 2 months since Kal emailed his contact at Classé on my behalf. I have still heard nothing from them. So I think it is safe to say that I never will.

They may be very responsive to their recent customers (I don't know), but if my experience is any guide, the longer you keep their equipment the less likely you will receive any support from them, and at some point you will just be written off. This runs counter to my 40-year experience with high-end companies, and it doesn't sit well with me. Caveat emptor!

P.S. I should note that the OLD Classé (in Canada) was very responsive!

SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Shunyata Denali 6000T power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs, Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

Masterlu 06-21-2018 09:38 PM

Well that is pretty disappointing. :(

W9TR 06-22-2018 10:17 AM

Yep. Very disappointing.

But Crumhorn the good news is that the M-700 amplifiers should be serviceable by third parties and there are manuals and schematics available online. Time to look elsewhere.

Crumhorn 06-27-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W9TR (Post 919824)
Yep. Very disappointing.

But Crumhorn the good news is that the M-700 amplifiers should be serviceable by third parties and there are manuals and schematics available online. Time to look elsewhere.

Yes - I've found a repair shop in NY that can do the job. Now I just need to find some "muscle" to help get them there! (They're not light!) :D

W9TR 06-28-2018 02:43 PM

Good luck sir!