AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   General Speaker Discussion (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   New loudspeakers inbound! (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=46208)

Puma Cat 07-09-2019 12:06 AM

New loudspeakers inbound!

After exclusively listening to one speaker for over a decade, I've bought a pair of (new) loudspeakers...

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what they are? :scratch2:

:D

PHC1 07-09-2019 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 972106)
After exclusively listening to one speaker for over a decade, I've bought a pair of (new) loudspeakers...

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what they are? :scratch2:

:D

Well you did mention you wanted a pair of Harbeths recently so they are probably of the “Harbethian” heritage? :D

PHC1 07-09-2019 12:16 AM

If I have to guess, then my answer is a new pair of 30.2’s. :smoking:

Puma Cat 07-09-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 972109)
If I have to guess, then my answer is a new pair of 30.2’s. :smoking:

BIngo!

Not "brand-new" per se, but used for only a few hours when first purchased and not used since, so I will have to continue running them in.

Silver Eucalyptus; will be here a week from today, the 15th.

PHC1 07-09-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 972110)
BIngo!

Not "brand-new" per se, but used for only a few hours when first purchased and not used since, so I will have to continue running them in.

Silver Eucalyptus; will be here a week from today, the 15th.

Congrats Stephen! :banana: Great choice! A few hrs old is “new” :D
You’ll love them :music:

Puma Cat 07-09-2019 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 972111)
Congrats Stephen! :banana: Great choice! A few hrs old is “new” :D
You’ll love them :music:

Thanks, Serge!

I'm pretty excited; I think they will be wonderful in my C-J system, and perfect for my small listening space.

Masterlu 07-09-2019 12:58 AM

Stephen... Congrats! :beerchug:

Puma Cat 07-09-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 972114)
Stephen... Congrats! :beerchug:

Thank you, Ivan!

:thumbsup:

PHC1 07-09-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puma Cat (Post 972112)
Thanks, Serge!

I'm pretty excited; I think they will be wonderful in my C-J system, and perfect for my small listening space.

Sounds like a winning combination to me. They love tubes as well as SS. Their impedance is rather flat and tube friendly. I had my pair setup in a very small room at first and they sounded ok but not great as they do couple to nearby walls like any other speaker and need a bit of space to breathe. In the big room they came alive and sounded much more open and balanced. I don’t think your room will be a challenge if you had success with other speakers, they are not particularly finicky that way. :no:

Puma Cat 07-09-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHC1 (Post 972116)
Sounds like a winning combination to me. They love tubes as well as SS. Their impedance is rather flat and tube friendly. I had my pair setup in a very small room at first and they sounded ok but not great as they do couple to nearby walls like any other speaker and need a bit of space to breathe. In the big room they came alive and sounded much more open and balanced. I don’t think your room will be a challenge if you had success with other speakers, they are not particularly finicky that way. :no:

Yes, I've heard that they are very easy with respect to setup and not at all finicky with respect to cables and electronics. If I can my big Dyns in this space, I'm sure Harbeths will be just fine.