AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Bryston Audio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Bryston announcing SST3 series amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=34169)

James Tanner - Bryston 04-12-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbaby (Post 773436)
I am interested in having my 2.5bsst2 upgraded. What is the next process?

HI

We are still trying to see if we can make the upgrade without having to go through all the safety and hydro approvals - the government bureaucracy is indicating that if we make changes to existing products we have to re-summit them which means more costs and just a huge headache :duh:

james

gbaby 04-12-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston (Post 773459)
HI

We are still trying to see if we can make the upgrade without having to go through all the safety and hydro approvals - the government bureaucracy is indicating that if we make changes to existing products we have to re-summit them which means more costs and just a huge headache :duh:

james

Just let me know when the dust clears. :sigh:

jojo 04-13-2016 07:38 AM

Hi James,
What is the burn in time for the new 4B Cube? Thanks.

James Tanner - Bryston 04-13-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 773617)
Hi James,
What is the burn in time for the new 4B Cube? Thanks.

HI

We burn them in at the factory for 100 hours.

james

jojo 04-13-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston (Post 773664)
HI

We burn them in at the factory for 100 hours.

james

Hi James,

What is the advantage to 4b Cube if I add in Bryston BIT ? Is they any noticeable improvement of the SQ? Thanks!

James Tanner - Bryston 04-14-2016 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo (Post 773759)
Hi James,

What is the advantage to 4b Cube if I add in Bryston BIT ? Is they any noticeable improvement of the SQ? Thanks!

Hi

The BIT has a lot of advantages in 'Isolating' your audio system from the outside world so I generally find the BIT helps in most systems I have tried it in.

james

guyguay 04-17-2016 09:53 AM

Hi James
Idea for 6Bł release

thank you

Martin

James Tanner - Bryston 04-17-2016 11:05 AM

Bryston announcing new SST3 amps

Thanks Maestro/James !

Despite me moving house soon, I decided that I could wait a whole month before opening the boxes and listening to my new 7B3's and boy are they good ! First impressions are extraordinary... as others have said, it is the depth of the noise floor, and therefore the dynamics of the sound, that are their most obvious feature, but after just an hour or so of listening the speed, timbre, space, placement, *everything* is a real step up!

Congratulations to James and Team - a truly revelatory and, dare I say "Revolutionary" rather then "Evolutionary" improvement !

Ian

James Tanner - Bryston 04-22-2016 11:50 AM

Hi Folks:

I also went for a pair of 7B3's and have listened to them for a week now.

First impressions were extraordinary... as others have said, it is the depth of the noise floor, and therefore the dynamics of the sound, that are their most obvious feature, but the more I listened, the more I found that the speed, timbre, space, placement, *everything* was a real step up from the SST2 range.

I have not heard the 28SST2, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 7B3's were *really* close to that performance, if not surpassing them in some areas. I didn't need 28 level power (I have active Subs built into my speakers) and was more interested in the kind of fine detail, placement in space, sense of "air" (especially for live recordings), and an overall greater "organic" quality which the Cube series seem to excel at...

They are certainly the best Solid State Amp I've ever heard, and with the kind of convenience and reliability that Tubes find hard to match... a "best of both worlds" if you will.

So its a definite recommendation from me ! :-)

Hope that helps -

Ian

James Tanner - Bryston 04-24-2016 08:54 AM

Bryston 4B Cubed power amp and BDA-3 DAC launched - av2day.com

james

James the Cube is fantastic, it's a big jump in subjective sound over the square and it goes a lot louder before clipping...