AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Shindo Laboratory (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Shindo stuff on the latest Stereophile and the Shindo love-fest on AA (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=9342)

Alberto 08-06-2011 04:26 PM

Shindo stuff on the latest Stereophile and the Shindo love-fest on AA

I just received the latest issues of Stereophile and the moment I turned the page to Art Dudley's section, I could not help noticing the photo with the Shindo pre and power amps.

According to Art, he's had the Shindo Masseto preamp for a few years. I always say that the biggest endorsement of a product is not a glowing review but staying power in one's system. This is especially true for a professional audio reviewer for a top audiophile magazine who could have his pick of any gear.

I know that AA is turning a bit into a Shindo love-fest with owners (new and old) popping up all over the place. But I think this is great, just as AA has been - since inception - THE FORUM TO GO for any serious McIntosh aficionado, it's great that we are also getting the reputation for being THE PLACE TO GO for Shindo owners and fans.

As a McIntosh and Shindo owner and fan, I feel 100% at home and amongst friends who "get it."

Misery loves company, but so does delight :thumbsup:.

Deliciously yours,

Alberto

TommyC 08-06-2011 04:54 PM

Very nice. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Shindo is one brand I will definitely try in my audio journey.

Cucumber_Jones 08-06-2011 06:14 PM

Art is a shindo fan. He has been mentioning the brand for quite a while now.

Puma Cat 08-06-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alberto (Post 188850)
I just received the latest issues of Stereophile and the moment I turned the page to Art Dudley's section, I could not help noticing the photo with the Shindo pre and power amps.

According to Art, he's had the Shindo Masseto preamp for a few years. I always say that the biggest endorsement of a product is not a glowing review but staying power in one's system. This is especially true for a professional audio reviewer for a top audiophile magazine who could have his pick of any gear.

I know that AA is turning a bit into a Shindo love-fest with owners (new and old) popping up all over the place. But I think this is great, just as AA has been - since inception - THE FORUM TO GO for any serious McIntosh aficionado, it's great that we are also getting the reputation for being THE PLACE TO GO for Shindo owners and fans.

As a McIntosh and Shindo owner and fan, I feel 100% at home and amongst friends who "get it."

Misery loves company, but so does delight :thumbsup:.

Deliciously yours,

Alberto

Alberto, what issue nos. are you referrring to?

Thanks,
PC

adhesiv 08-06-2011 09:08 PM

I'm one of the new folks to the Shindo camp (and AA) but already the advice and time I've received has paid in spades.

I credit AA and the wonderful folks (especially Alberto) who've shared some time chatting with me. I agree that AA is THE place for Shindo folks to join the best quality discussions.

Looking forward to many more conversations!

Masterlu 08-06-2011 11:54 PM

I would love to see Shindo's popularity grow, and give it a dedicated forum! :)

TommyC 08-07-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masterlu (Post 189040)
I would love to see Shindo's popularity grow, and give it a dedicated forum! :)

Ivan needs to become a Shindo dealer.

Masterlu 08-07-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyC (Post 189041)
Ivan needs to become a Shindo dealer.

Ya think? :scratch2:

sibelius 08-07-2011 01:51 AM

I agree that a dedicated Shindo forum would be a nice place for owners and prospective owners to congregate. My only reservation is that I'd hate for it to become purely a "fan boy" place. I think it would be more interesting to have varied and critical opinion than just a place where owners come to pat themselves on the back.

Puma Cat 08-07-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sibelius (Post 189072)
I agree that a dedicated Shindo forum would be a nice place for owners and prospective owners to congregate. My only reservation is that I'd hate for it to become purely a "fan boy" place. I think it would be more interesting to have varied and critical opinion than just a place where owners come to pat themselves on the back.

Good point.

Still wish I knew which issue Alberto is referring to.