AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Clearaudio (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Clearaudio Concept impressions (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=18084)

NB_Dude 12-02-2017 04:04 PM

Concept to Concept Wood LE version ?

Hi,

Has anyone gone (or have heard both versions) from the normal concept to the more recent Concept Wood LE version by chance ? I have a 5 year old Concept and love the new LE version look and I am contemplating trading it in as the Canadian Distributor has a promotion going on the LE version now.

I was thinking of doing a more substantial upgrade but may have to hold off on that for a while... any insight someone may have on this would be greatly appreciated...thanks

Paul

NB_Dude 12-09-2017 07:51 PM

I guess I'll answer my own question :)

I picked up the Concept Wood LE with the Satisfy Kardan Carbon arm yesterday....first impressions are it is a surprising upgrade from the basic concept...I kept the Maestro V2 cart from the previous concept and I don't know if its the Satisfy arm, but, the sound is fuller, smoother highs and much heavier bass than the previous base concept...extremely happy with the change so far...day 1:smoking:

EfeTe 12-10-2017 02:53 PM

Have you got any experience or would you expect something decent (for an entry level TT) combining a Concept Wood and, say, a Performer V2 MM?

NB_Dude 12-11-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EfeTe (Post 885029)
Have you got any experience or would you expect something decent (for an entry level TT) combining a Concept Wood and, say, a Performer V2 MM?

I don't have experience with the Performer V2 (as I already had the Maestro V2 on my former deck) as I know that is the cartridge offered in the new package promotion by the Canadian distributor. If you are looking the package deal, I would think its a good combo. With my cartridge being equal (from old Concept to the new Concept Wood LE with the Carbon arm), it was a great upgrade and I can only imagine the Performer V2 would work well.

EfeTe 12-16-2017 12:25 PM

Thanks very much Dude! Will toy a little bit with the performer, with a not-too-expensive Nagaoka and the one from the MoFi project see which yields better results.

davlas 09-11-2018 09:01 AM

Thank you for the article, it's very intersting

ehoove 09-20-2018 06:26 PM

I use the Dynavector 17Dmr cartridge with my Verify CF Arm with outstanding results. I highly recommend the 17D series cartridges with this arm.
Regards,
Jim

Tangram 10-18-2018 07:49 PM

Move Up From Concept Wood MC?

I’ve been happily living with a Concept Wood MC for the past two years but wondering where to go for a material upgrade at a reasonable price? Does it make sense to move up to the Ovation? Is there a noticeable improvement in performance? Currently using an iPhono II phono pre. Would be open to changing that up as well.

NB_Dude 10-31-2019 04:44 PM

Recently added a Smart power supply to my Concept Wood and really like what it did. Things are a little better all around.....

Msegal 11-01-2019 07:58 PM

Ovation would be a significant improvement.