AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Events & Demos (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Paragon' Digital Night (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=33743)

Still-One 11-20-2015 03:48 PM

Paragon' Digital Night

This evening is the last of this years three Fall Music Series events at Paragon in Ann Arbor. Tonight is Digital Night with the focus on dCs, Wilson Audio and Doshi Audio. I believe Nick is bringing his 4 Channel capable pre-amp and Peter McGrath will bringing some of his own recordings of multi-channel content. Should be interesting.

enatai252 11-20-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 741765)
This evening is the last of this years three Fall Music Series events at Paragon in Ann Arbor. Tonight is Digital Night with the focus on dCs, Wilson Audio and Doshi Audio. I believe Nick is bringing his 4 Channel capable pre-amp and Peter McGrath will bringing some of his own recordings of multi-channel content. Should be interesting.

Sounds interesting. Let us know if dCS shares anything on upcoming Vivaldi updates. Very curious on how the Rossini developments will work into the Vivaldi. And what their view on Quad DSD capability is. Enjoy

You thinking of walking away with a full dCS stack tonight?

thesaint519 11-20-2015 07:46 PM

Wish I could be there, too.

thesaint519 11-21-2015 01:25 AM

So, how was it?

Still-One 11-21-2015 10:09 AM

Peter McGrath's demo of his four channel content was a eye opening at the Paragon last evening. The gear in the main room was XLF's with a pair of Wilson Thor" Hammers for the front channels, a pair of Sabrina's on small risers for the rear, two dCs Vivaldi dacs into a Doshi four channel pre-amp, feeding four of Nick's 3.0 160wpc tube amps. It was easy for Peter to turn the rear channels on and off to show how much more realistic the multi channel recordings were. It wasn't just orchestral or choral tracks even solo piano gained body and was much closer to what one hears live.

John Quick the North American General Manager for dCs held court in the second room. The gear in this room was the new Rossini transport/dac directly feeding a Audio Research G series amp and a pair of Wilson Alexia's. In addition to showing off capabilities the new DAC he spent time discussing Roon's, MQA (a future software update) and Tidal's integration with the Rossini. The capabilities will be ready for Vivaldi units in February.

BuffaloBill 11-21-2015 10:21 AM

I can only dream of having an audio dealer like Paragon in Houston. ( I recently made my first digital purchase with them and the transaction went very smoothly.)

enatai252 11-21-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 741911)
Peter McGrath's demo of his four channel content was a eye opening at the Paragon last evening. The gear in the main room was XLF's with a pair of Wilson Thor" Hammers for the front channels, a pair of Sabrina's on small risers for the rear, two dCs Vivaldi dacs into a Doshi four channel pre-amp, feeding four of Nick's 3.0 160wpc tube amps. It was easy for Peter to turn the rear channels on and off to show how much more realistic the multi channel recordings were. It wasn't just orchestral or choral tracks even solo piano gained body and was much closer to what one hears live. John Quick the North American General Manager for dCs held court in the second room. The gear in this room was the new Rossini transport/dac directly feeding a Audio Research G series amp and a pair of Wilson Alexia's. In addition to showing off capabilities the new DAC he spent time discussing Roon's, MQA (a future software update) and Tidal's integration with the Rossini. The capabilities will be ready for Vivaldi units in February.

Sounds like a great event. Thanks for sharing

tweet 11-21-2015 11:54 AM

Jim,
Sounds like another fun night at Paragon. Is Quad making a comeback? I have a couple of the recent four channel remastered SACDs and my wife thinks they are much more realistic than stereo. With the XLF setup I can only imagine the realism.