AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Aurender (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   Aurender N100 to a N10? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49943)

j3brow 10-03-2021 05:15 PM

Aurender N100 to a N10?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBT (Post 1046298)
I got my N10 after reading Dan's review. Likewise my 601s. All in all a superb steamer, server or whatever it's called. :thumbsup:

Yes, Dan was quite influential. His 601 review lit my fire too. Ultimately, I bought Dan’s pair of 601’s when he moved into the MC2301’s. I am still enjoying his 601’s to this day.

respected_ent 01-24-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krelldog (Post 1039392)
Just curious as to how much of an improvement upgrading from the N100 to the N10 would be ?

I've been stunned at the improvement from my Mac Mini to the Aurender N100C.

Has anyone made the above mentioned (N100 toN10 ) upgrade...if you have, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

krelldog

I went from N100 to N10, and the improvement is quite significant. The N10 sound is fuller, richer, and superior in every way. I also upgraded the 2 fuses to SR orange fuse and that's another improvement. Another thing I found out about the N10 is that the better power cord it's hooked up to, the better sounding it becomes.

sidvee 01-25-2022 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 1042424)
I read the same in another forum - directly from Aurender - especially if you use USB output. However my understanding is that the newer N200 uses different USB modules and sounds better. I own a N100H and was contemplating an upgrade to the N10, but since my sole connection is USB, I will plan to get a N200 soon.
Cheers,
Sid

I have been enjoying a N200 for the past few weeks in my system. I feel it is definite step up from the N100H.
Cheers,
Sid

brownbear 01-25-2022 09:40 AM

I know someone outside of here who went from the N10 to the N200 and thought it was an upgrade. Interesting though that Aurender has the N10 above the N200 in their hierarchy.

sidvee 01-27-2022 02:01 AM

I believe that the N10 is discontinued now. I think N20 is the replacement.
Cheers,
Sid

JBT 01-27-2022 06:23 PM

The N200 goes for 6 thousand. I saw one last week but the store was really busy so it wasn't a good time for a listening session. . Looks really nice.

Puma Cat 01-28-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidvee (Post 1054097)
I believe that the N10 is discontinued now. I think N20 is the replacement.
Cheers,
Sid

That's my understanding as well.

Grasshopper 02-17-2022 12:31 PM

AA Friends:

I just bought a "new to me" Aurender N10, which arrived early yesterday-

I spent the better part of the day listening to it yesterday (AES out into the Lampizator B3) and could see why many, many folks love the N10. It was crystal clear and insane amounts of separation. Bass was thunderous, and highs were sharp.

In fact, everything felt very "sharp" if I can call it that. It very much reminded me of the sound of the dCS Rossini that I auditioned and used as a streamer a couple weeks ago.

I get that sound, but find it fatiguing (could be system synergy, room, or taste).

This made me think I chose wrong to get the N10 with it's upgraded clock etc. or that I perhaps didn't like the Aurender sound-

Then I felt an experiment was in order... I hooked it up with the USB out, into my Berkley Alpha USB, and AES from the Alpha into the Lampizator----

This made a world of difference. It was smoother, and more "musical" to my ears. Bass was still thunderous, there was still separation, but it wasn't as razor sharp as running out the AES directly.

My understanding is going this route, I bypass the internal clock and effectively have the N100H sound with the exception of a better power supply and more robust chassis.

Seems to me I'd be one that would prefer the N100H as that is described as smoother and not as detailed (likely do to the clock implementation)---

Thoughts from all you N10 experts?

Puma Cat 02-17-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 1055541)
AA Friends:

I just bought a "new to me" Aurender N10, which arrived early yesterday-

I spent the better part of the day listening to it yesterday (AES out into the Lampizator B3) and could see why many, many folks love the N10. It was crystal clear and insane amounts of separation. Bass was thunderous, and highs were sharp.

In fact, everything felt very "sharp" if I can call it that. It very much reminded me of the sound of the dCS Rossini that I auditioned and used as a streamer a couple weeks ago.

I get that sound, but find it fatiguing (could be system synergy, room, or taste).

This made me think I chose wrong to get the N10 with it's upgraded clock etc. or that I perhaps didn't like the Aurender sound-

Then I felt an experiment was in order... I hooked it up with the USB out, into my Berkley Alpha USB, and AES from the Alpha into the Lampizator----

This made a world of difference. It was smoother, and more "musical" to my ears. Bass was still thunderous, there was still separation, but it wasn't as razor sharp as running out the AES directly.

My understanding is going this route, I bypass the internal clock and effectively have the N100H sound with the exception of a better power supply and more robust chassis.

Seems to me I'd be one that would prefer the N100H as that is described as smoother and not as detailed (likely do to the clock implementation)---

Thoughts from all you N10 experts?

It could be the AES/EBU cable were you using between the N10 and the Lampi B3. I'd try a Shunyata Alpha AES/EBU or better if possible.

Another idea is you could try going directly from the Aurender N10 with a Shunyata Delta or better USB cable to the Lampi's USB port, and not use the Berkeley Alpha USB, and try that, as well.

I've found that less "gear": cables, devices, and usually, the power supplies for those devices in the path between the source and the DAC, the better.

Puma Cat 02-17-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBT (Post 1054151)
The N200 goes for 6 thousand. I saw one last week but the store was really busy so it wasn't a good time for a listening session. . Looks really nice.

My guess is, based on my experience with the N20, it's going to be killer... :thumbsup: