AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Member System Forum (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Finally Done? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=36438)

Harris4crna 07-16-2016 04:05 AM

Finally Done?

https://goo.gl/photos/MKymgvKUQmqtg5vf9

Antonmb 07-16-2016 09:15 AM

Very nice. Those Ktemas are gorgeous.

Apexorca 07-16-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antonmb (Post 792380)
Very nice. Those Ktemas are gorgeous.

Agree! They are great! Heard them at many occasions and they sounds really good every time.

jdandy 07-16-2016 02:21 PM

Harris4crna.......Finally Done?

For now. :D

RoadDawgWest 07-16-2016 06:01 PM

Nice Cave. :thumbsup: Oh yeah, I've said that a few times, and just start over again in a few months.

Harris4crna 07-16-2016 07:52 PM

I sure hope I'm done. I thought about getting into recording, but have no made the plunge. Would love to digitize my vinyl collection. Now I removed the TT from man cave and the C-3850. I'll have to research where I can use a stand alone device to do recording without needing a computer. If that is the case, I'll connect the phono stage to the digital recorder, make any sound changes on the device and record. Than ideally I can use this device remotely and/or connect to my digital setup in the man cave. Or download to the network and listen from the Melco. Thoughts????

Apexorca 07-18-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harris4crna (Post 792489)
Thoughts????

Vinyl, analog vs. Dac, digital. This is a battle!

Most if the time I like vinyl better, because it presents the music in a more live-like manner. It just sounds more right and involves me in the music better. I think the two are different ways to experience music.
Vinyl is better from the midrange and up to the treble. The digital source have got some glare in the tunes that makes it sound artificial. I think it's no doubt about it. Though, it's getting better and better but still it's so far away that I doubt it can compete with the analog sound in the near future.
In some system it's hard to beat the digital in the bas region and the wight and power there, but if you choose your turntable system careful it can compete with and beat the digital system even though.

In my system I'v got the turntable and digital source almost in the same price range and both are top class players. I think its interesting to compare. Almost every time me and my friends listen and compares we think that the vinyl sound more musical ant more involving to listen to.

To digitazing your vinyl collection your selves is probably a bad idea.

Harris4crna 07-19-2016 07:46 AM

I would have agreed with you 100% a year ago, but now I agree with you 60%. After getting my Accuphase setup including the C-3850, DC-37 and A-70 I can conclude digital sounds so much better. Now, mind you, I was using my Simaudio phonostage with the Accuphase and it sounded disconnected. Trust me, the analog still sounded good, but did not grab me due to the disconnect. So prior to selling the Simaudio I thought I would take out to the living room and connect with the other Sim gear. Than Bam!!!, the synergistic analog sound I so much remember returned. In the end, lesson learned, Simaudio do not play well with others. No, I am not playing vinyl through the premium Ktemas, but I'll take the trade for synergy. Still love the vinyl and always will. Hmmm, wonder how the Accuphase c-37 would sound like with the Ktemas ;)

brad225 07-20-2016 08:53 AM

Nice listening room. I have not heard Accuphase in years. I would enjoy running across some again.

Harris4crna 07-20-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad225 (Post 793128)
Nice listening room. I have not heard Accuphase in years. I would enjoy running across some again.

Thank you. I enjoy Accuphase.