AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Pass Labs (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Trigger for Pass amps (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=17394)

mbovaird 11-22-2012 01:43 PM

Trigger for Pass amps

Does anyone have any experience with making a trigger for Pass amps? Is it as simple as taking a stereo 12v trigger, cutting off one of the ends, and running one lead to the positive and one to the negative on the first Pass amp (and then a cable from the first pass amp to the second)?

Masterlu 11-22-2012 01:56 PM

No specific Pass experience, but it should be just that simple. I have done it with dozens of other brands.

mbovaird 11-22-2012 02:03 PM

I think you're right. Can't hurt to try!
Are the Strads going to get a play when you go to the Cape?

Masterlu 11-22-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbovaird (Post 398763)
I think you're right. Can't hurt to try!
Are the Strads going to get a play when you go to the Cape?

Is today Thanksgiving?

Of Course! :banana:

mdkim 11-22-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbovaird (Post 398752)
Does anyone have any experience with making a trigger for Pass amps? Is it as simple as taking a stereo 12v trigger, cutting off one of the ends, and running one lead to the positive and one to the negative on the first Pass amp (and then a cable from the first pass amp to the second)?

I was wondering the same thing and reached the same answer.

vintage_tube 11-22-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Yes, that simple. You can cut off the 1/8th plug & connect bare wires or make it pretty and crimp spades on the ends.

Best

Bob

tunes 11-22-2012 10:21 PM

Yes, that is how it works. Straightforward.

Still-One 11-23-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Not sure about Pass amps but on my D'Agostino Momentum's I connected a stereo mini-plug between the two amps and I just turn the one on to get both of them powered up. I assume it would work the same for Pass.

mdkim 11-23-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still-One (Post 399323)
Not sure about Pass amps but on my D'Agostino Momentum's I connected a stereo mini-plug between the two amps and I just turn the one on to get both of them powered up. I assume it would work the same for Pass.

No mini plug on Pass amps' trigger input.

Glisse 11-23-2012 12:15 PM

Mono plug (+/-), not stereo(R+/L+/-) is a safer bet on a trigger.