AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Cary Audio Design (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   FedEx Claim? (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=43887)

CRJCapt 09-23-2018 12:57 AM

FedEx Claim?

Six months at Cary and FedEx destroys it. Looks like it was dropped from ten feet.

Anyone know how this works?

Sounds like everything broke loose inside of it.

FloridaBoy 09-23-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRJCapt (Post 932727)
Six months at Cary and FedEx destroys it. Looks like it was dropped from ten feet.

Anyone know how this works?

Sounds like everything broke loose inside of it.

I would talk to Cary before filing a claim and discuss the packaging. FedEx is tough to deal with on claims.

audio bill 09-23-2018 08:25 AM

Hopefully it was shipped with all original factory packing and an appropriate declared value. FedEx will generally deny a claim at first, but if it was adequately packed and you pursue it you have a good chance of getting the declared value or cost of repair covered. I agree that it would be best to contact Cary for their assistance, since they likely have a contract with FedEx and such claims are generally the responsibility of the shipper. If they do a lot of business with FedEx they have a better chance of successfully negotiating a claim than you would. Good luck and hope you get satisfactory resolution in a timely manner.

Poppyhome 09-23-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audio bill (Post 932741)
Hopefully it was shipped with all original factory packing and an appropriate declared value. FedEx will generally deny a claim at first, but if it was adequately packed and you pursue it you have a good chance of getting the declared value or cost of repair covered. I agree that it would be best to contact Cary for their assistance, since they likely have a contract with FedEx and such claims are generally the responsibility of the shipper. If they do a lot of business with FedEx they have a better chance of successfully negotiating a claim than you would. Good luck and hope you get satisfactory resolution in a timely manner.

Yes, get Cary, if they are the shipper, heavily involved in the claim. They will be the ones getting the declared value .
Take photos to prove your case.
Its always best to refuse a package if you suspect heavy damage from the carrier. Boxes need to withstand the rigors of shipping. Most damages occur because of improper packaging though.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:
Ron

djwhog 09-23-2018 09:52 AM

OH GEEZ so sad and sorry :(

Yep I 3rd say get Cary involved asap...

Masterlu 09-23-2018 10:16 AM

Uggh, sorry to hear this.

The shipper must initiate the claim.

FreddieFerric 09-23-2018 10:26 AM

I hope you took photo's of everything. Inside and out. Contact Cary first. So sorry to hear this happened. It's heartbreaking I know.

UPS destroyed my friends Studer RTR. It took him 8 months to get only $3,000 when the declared value was $5,000. He lost on that deal and has never replaced the RTR.

FreddieFerric 09-23-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppyhome (Post 932743)
Yes, get Cary, if they are the shipper, heavily involved in the claim. They will be the ones getting the declared value .
Take photos to prove your case.
Its always best to refuse a package if you suspect heavy damage from the carrier. Boxes need to withstand the rigors of shipping. Most damages occur because of improper packaging though.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:
Ron

If there was no signature requirement the driver probably just dumped it on the porch and hauled ass.

Poppyhome 09-23-2018 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieFerric (Post 932762)
If there was no signature requirement the driver probably just dumped it on the porch and hauled ass.

Yep.............and its best practice whenever you ship something of a substantial value, check off direct signature required. This usually releases the carrier of transportation damage.
I believe box damages from shipping may also be documented by the driver.

Not a fun time. :tears:

Ron

For The Love of Music 09-23-2018 12:33 PM

All statements presented are insightful and be sure before you call Cary there is no fine print releasing them from culpability.

I would expect you sent it to them correctly that should indicate it was packaged correctly and hopefully in the original packaging.

Fed Ex and UPS are the majors, and no doubt they can be tough to deal with and if your in their shoes you get to see lots of fraudulent claims, so nothing but clear facts, no think statements allowed.

Good luck, and know you always have your forum attorneys to seek council [emoji851]