AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   Boulder Electronics (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   I never really thought much of Boulder..... (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=40851)

Mouse 10-19-2017 11:47 PM

I never really thought much of Boulder.....

I never really thought much of Boulder, and thought this is the weirdest niche in audiophile history. Who would buy this goofy looking amp form a brand no one has heard of? I didn't even know the price.

And then I saw a Boulder set up in person. And then I heard it. :music:
This is the most beautiful rig I've seen yet in person. The pictures do it no justice, this setup needs to be seen in person.
I don't have words to describe what I heard, nor what I didn't hear. :D
Seeing this setup, hearing this setup, and talking about it literally made my day. I planned on a 30 minute subwoofer demo, I was there for 3 full hours between subs, nordost, and Boulder!

Their website really does a disservice to their brand. I now know how amazing the product is, and when I go back to the site I feel meh.

metaphacts 10-20-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouse (Post 873447)
I never really thought much of Boulder, and thought this is the weirdest niche in audiophile history. Who would buy this goofy looking amp form a brand no one has heard of? I didn't even know the price.

And then I saw a Boulder set up in person. And then I heard it. :music:
This is the most beautiful rig I've seen yet in person. The pictures do it no justice, this setup needs to be seen in person.
I don't have words to describe what I heard, nor what I didn't hear. :D
Seeing this setup, hearing this setup, and talking about it literally made my day. I planned on a 30 minute subwoofer demo, I was there for 3 full hours between subs, nordost, and Boulder!

Their website really does a disservice to their brand. I now know how amazing the product is, and when I go back to the site I feel meh.

Exactly who I thought your dealer was.

You're in good hands. :tresbon:

joey_v 10-20-2017 05:08 AM

I love boulder, which is why I bought one.

aardvarkbark 10-20-2017 02:44 PM

They sure seem to fly under the radar. And be happy doing so.

When I was recently searching for an integrated, they were a serious contender. I just couldn't get past the impracticality of the mesh sides that were prone to being deformed if handled 'improperly'. I'd have a hard time maneuvering a component into place without grasping it by the sides.

Nonetheless, I wasn't lost on the practically universal glowing reviews by owners on the various forums, albeit few in number. They clearly make people happy.

Mouse 10-20-2017 06:08 PM

I saw an amp that was the size of an industrial forklift battery.

Mouse 10-20-2017 06:09 PM

If I have to choose between a college tuition for all 3 of my kids when they grow up, or a boulder setup I'm going with college. However when my kids graduate I'll be in the market for boulder if they're still around.

PHC1 10-20-2017 06:52 PM

I’ve always found Boulder to be very synergy and speaker dependent gear. Some setups sounded fantastic, other pairings did not. Spectral is also that way to my ears. Hit or miss but when they lock in and synergize, very impressive stuff.

tdimler 10-22-2017 09:39 AM

I got to see a 3060 in person a few weeks ago and it is a marvel. Can't imagine a cooler piece of audio gear. I wish they would implement the angular design into their 1000 and 2000 series. Boulder flying under the radar? Better switch weather stations!

joey_v 10-22-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdimler (Post 874107)
I got to see a 3060 in person a few weeks ago and it is a marvel. Can't imagine a cooler piece of audio gear. I wish they would implement the angular design into their 1000 and 2000 series. Boulder flying under the radar? Better switch weather stations!

Hahahaha...You gotta separate the ordinary from the extraordinary

phishphan 10-22-2017 06:42 PM

The 2150 monos can draw 30a each when hitting peak power. It would require most people to re-wire a room to get them. And those are their mid range models. Not to mention they’re 100 grand a pair.