AudioAficionado.org

AudioAficionado.org (https://www.audioaficionado.org/index.php)
-   CD Players, Digital Music & Servers (https://www.audioaficionado.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Roon Lifetime Membership (https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=41191)

PHC1 11-15-2017 09:28 PM

Roon Lifetime Membership

My trial time of Roon was just about over and it was time to make a decision. I chose the Lifetime Membership. No brainer, after trying Audirvana, JRiver, Foobar and of course the naked Tidal, Roon over Tidal won me over big time. Color me impressed and I am married to Roon for a lifetime now. :D
Anyone else pull the trigger instead of paying yearly?

nicoff 11-15-2017 09:49 PM

I did too. I guess that we both upgraded. [emoji16]

SL1800 11-15-2017 10:02 PM

I did as well, so far it's a very happy marriage. :banana:

Ventoux 11-15-2017 10:33 PM

I paid for 2 yearly subs, and went lifttime this year.

PHC1 11-15-2017 10:54 PM

Lifetime is serious. Roon tattooes anyone? :D

2fastdriving 11-16-2017 12:47 AM

I just started my trial, and I pretty guarantee that I will be purchasing at least one year . Can't you upgrade later and have some of what you paid for applied? I thought I read that you can.

I'm running on my Mac mini now, but I might go with the Intel nuc.

PHC1 11-16-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fastdriving (Post 879964)
I just started my trial, and I pretty guarantee that I will be purchasing at least one year . Can't you upgrade later and have some of what you paid for applied? I thought I read that you can.

I'm running on my Mac mini now, but I might go with the Intel nuc.

:yes:
Don’t worry, you can always convert to a Lifetime Membership or cancel easily.
We'll credit you for any unused months when you decide to upgrade.

Still-One 11-16-2017 09:02 AM

My first year is up soon and I will be moving to the lifetime subscription.

crwilli 11-16-2017 09:33 AM

I just did the same. Completed first year and purchased lifetime membership. Now let’s hope they stay vital for at least five years.

The Attorney 11-16-2017 01:50 PM

I went straight from Trial to Lifetime membership.
One reason was I felt that the Roon team continue to listen to their users and improve their product at a high rate. They look like they're in it for the long haul with the way they set up partnerships in the music/hifi industry.

Key improvements in the year or so since I started using Roon:

1. The RAAT transport upgrade in V1.2. When used with microRendu as Roon Ready endpoint, this seemed to improve SQ to the point I prefered over my previous HQ Player, which was the best sounding (with poor usability) player up to that point.

2. The DSP functions in V1.3. In particular, the Parametric EQ is great for both usability and SQ.

3. The introduction later in V1.3 of Single-Click Playback was a major usability improvement for those us who are album orientated, as opposed to the Queue/Playlist style that previously dominated.

They continue to provide frequent ongoing improvements.

One function that I'd like to use is the auto volume leveling (when switching between different albums/tracks), but unfortunately I find that this impacts SQ, but I live in hope that this also will be improved one day.